The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Band Shots

D

Daz Tazer

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango-
Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
Galileo,galileo,
Galileo galileo
Galileo figaro-magnifico-

getting up close is defiently the key i reckon. a coulpe of beers first always helps, i find.

Lili

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango-
Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
Galileo,galileo,
Galileo galileo
Galileo figaro-magnifico-

getting up close is defiently the key i reckon. a coulpe of beers first always helps, i find.
In my case, a couple of shots of my good friend Jack ;)

Lili

Very Nice Daz!
Packing and reconsidered, if I take two cameras up close, I will get confused when I can least afford it.
So.
GRD up close with available light.
Pentax for detail, up close shots.
Sniper and in-the-mix.
Balanced
^_^

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Here is my attempt....it was hard to get a sharp photo in the low light with the GRDII for me I don't know this camera that well...I miss my M8 and the 50 LUx:) (at DAG)
Tina Dico in Chicago.......The concert was fantastic. For those who do not know her she did two albums with Zero 7. I strongly recommend her music.
I got to chat with her before the concert...nice lady.

View attachment 4002

helenhill

I think there GREAT shots -Mike
The Colors Set the Mood.....youthful, hipster Quality....tres GRD
Best,H

Lili

Ok, Indecision Rules
Taking the Ricoh, Pentax and GRD
Tonights show I will take just the Fuji for near and far stuff as well as flash.
Saturday; it will depend on how Friday works out.
Planning tho on taking GRD and K100D

sizifo

Cool, it appear the venue you were at was brighter than the ones here, almost universally I have been shooting at 1/9 sec, F2.4 ISO 1600
I can't believe that any of the shots you posted are GRDI at 1600? They don't seem nearly noisy enough, compared to my grd. Are you sure?:)

Lili

I can't believe that any of the shots you posted are GRDI at 1600? They don't seem nearly noisy enough, compared to my grd. Are you sure?:)
Very sure, here is the link to my flickr British Sea Power set, the exif is under the "more properties" link under the Camera Type on the lower left
Tje first shot was at 1/17 sec at F2.4, ISO 1600
:)

sizifo

Ah yes. I guess it's the downsizing that makes it look less noisy. In any case it proves that grd at 1600 is very usable.

Joan

Will, Cam, Thomas, Helen,
Thanks so much guys!!!!!
I shot all but one of these with the K100D and 50/1.4, this is is the only one with the GRD.
Like them all, Lili, but this one is a real BEE-YOOT! Look forward to your next set, go get 'em! :)

Daz, Mike - very nice work here, too. I haven't been out to anyplace with live music in such a long time ... what an old fuddy duddy, need to rectify that very soon.

Lili

Thanks Joan
Doing freddy Mercury

Green Queen and Fans

Just a sample from last night, quite a few more to go through.
GRD ISO 1600

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Queen....that must have been good.....I miss good live music, one of the benefits of living in a large city. Good capture Lili, I would like to see a B&W at 1600. The grain is very appealing with this camera.