The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

first dp2s shots

smokysun

well, i've been shy to admit i ordered one! i figured i could return it. not cheap. $732 at amazon (including adaptor). the new sd15 sigma dslr to be $849 and out soon.

that said, i've shot for a day and show some results. the night shots at 3200 -1ev, which i think makes the iso 6400. (none cropped)

all functions faster but still slower than others. and the write time as slow as the dp1 even with an extreme III class 6 card. that's a dissapointment. however, the higher iso and faster lens and focus very nice.

the colors quite different, though i can't explain how (yet).

wayne

Last edited:
T

tokengirl

I am going to stop looking at these DP threads. Every time I think I finally have myself convinced I don't want or need one of these (or both), you people start posting all kinds of interesting photos. :banghead:

otumay

well, i've been shy to admit i ordered one! i figured i could return it. not cheap. $732 at amazon (including adaptor). the new sd15 sigma dslr to be $849 and out soon.

that said, i've shot for a day and show some results. the night shots at 3200 -1ev, which i think makes the iso 6400. (none cropped)

all functions faster but still slower than others. and the write time as slow as the dp1 even with an extreme III class 6 card. that's a dissapointment. however, the higher iso and faster lens and focus very nice.

the colors quite different, though i can't explain how (yet).

wayne
You said it, Wayne! What a revelation! Not what you wrote about the dp2s, but a part of your sentence, 'the new sd15 is...out soon' had a drastic effect on me: I already own a few Sigma DSLR lenses bought to be used with the sd14, and if sd15 proves to be as good as the dp series in terms of white balance and color iq, why shouldn't I invest in sd15?
Thanks a lot.

smokysun

i agree with you. osman. if you've got the lenses already! take a look at the specs. the 15 promises to be a big improvement. last i heard sigma says it will be available in june.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

m3photo

Re: The Investment

... why shouldn't I invest in sd15?
Now, now Mr. Otumay - you know only too well that the word "invest" is the one you use when you speak of new camera purchases with your wife; on this forum it's "need" :D

otumay

Yes, I see Michael. Though I'm single now, years of marital bliss must have had its effects on me;)
Osman