The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

dp2s roses

smokysun

you can get about as close as the dp1 plus the sigma closeup. battery on save got 250 pictures (on non-save 100). i suspect this is a firmware fix. could have been done on the dp2. however, i'm not complaining. higher iso and color very nice. overall faster operation, and maybe the raw write time a bit faster than dp1. same foveon files. and like all the dp's, it's quirks don't outweigh the results. still, not for everyone, by any means. a certain amount of patience absolutely required!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

smokysun

thanks, osman. out this morning the fuji s3 and the mf nikon 105 4.0 micro. here are a few to compare with the dps'. they were processed in camera raw and photoshop cs3. none cropped.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

otumay

Though I have a soft spot for Fuji S, I must admit that DP shots are more poetic, Wayne. Thank you for sharing this with us.

smokysun

thanks, osman. i would agree. you can do a lot with processing (here's another from the 5d), but the foveon sensor offers different possibilities from the others.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. my shoulder, wrists, and hand obviously strained this morning. the dslrs very heavy, especially the fuji with a hefty lens.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Marvellous just marvellous.

can i ask the meaning of battery save, that's the only real bugbear i have with the DP2, the most i can get is around 50 shots in raw.have everything set to lowest time on, just put it down to the time and power taken to write to card as others seem to have this complaint too.

Last edited:

smokysun

hi derek,
as i said, i got 250 raw on one charge with battery save and this was about 2 hours of continually shooting using the lcd (no flash). you choose it as an option in set-up. i know it closes down the lcd a lot and you have to half press the shutter button to call it up. that's why i think it might have been a firmware fix. at any rate, it works. when they come out with a dps firmware update, it might work on the dp2, if anyone's brave enough to try it. sorry for your frustration.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. got 100 without the battery save.