The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A day with Ricoh GR-DII

otumay

A very versatile camera with unexpectedly good results in the b/w department, though I never trusted it for raw shots. In spite of its wide DR, I found color IQ and noise performance unreliable. Motivated by some very good shots posted here, I thought I'd give it a try. Colors first, b/w's later.
Thanks for looking,
Osman

rayyan

Osman; I sense a lack of crispness in your photos as compared to the ones from your other cameras. is it the focus, the speed, the camera or just my eyes?

Regards.

otumay

Good question, rayyan. Honestly, I don't know. Maybe this is due to the fact that the GRD has a better performance at closer focusing distances. Two of my friends share the same drawback with their GR-DII's. I was shooting at auto-ISO, and noticed that 80 or 100 ISO resulted in unexpectedly high levels of noise.
Anyway, I would be happy to know what this is all about.
Thanks and best regards,
Osman