The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

goats and rabbits

Don Ellis

What a nice thread! Difficult to participate, though;)
Not for those of us who will shoot anything that comes across our path. An acquaintance of mine lives in an old Chinese home near the Hong Kong/China border and he has a small herd of goats. Unfortunately, he also has python prowlers -- they ingest whole goats and then can't escape through the wire again. To his credit, he doesn't kill the snakes, realizing they are part of The Plan. :)

Lovely photos of the rabbits and goats, Wayne... I hope you don't mind the additions to the farmyard.

Good photos by you, too, Uwe.

Cheers,
Don

P.S. Not sure what these were taken with but it was a compact camera. Probably a Canon G2.

otumay

Don, beautiful captures and captions as always.
Will try my best to spot goats or pythons during my daily wanderings from now on...

Don Ellis

Don, beautiful captures and captions as always.
Will try my best to spot goats or pythons during my daily wanderings from now on...
Thank you... in case you want to know what to look for, here they are together:

Ron, my friend the goatherd, sent these images to me in reply to a photo I sent him of a small Red-Necked Keelback that Leela found on our terrace. He said he preferred the poisonous Keelback to the python any day.

Cheers,
Don

pollobarca

Yummmm.
I only have 1 picture of a goat , taken a few years back in Nagoya town centre.
I do have a video of goats respectfully clambering over the monuments in Delphi.
Goats are very inteligent animals, a friend had a miniature goat called Regina. It loved to ride on the roof of the APE car (one of those 50cc 3 wheeled vans). She was smart enough to make herself loved and avoid the cooking pot. Rabbits are not so smart... They do pot roast nicely though.
PS Sheeps cheese tastes of nothing unless there is 5 to 10 % goats milk in it too.
Thats why flocks have a few goats in there too.

BTW Wayne like your last pic here a lot. Uwe your first Goat pic is just what I mean when the goats are intelligent.Well caught the expression .

Don Ellis

Thanks for the reminder of foreign goats, Paul. You've heard of Billy Goats? Well, these are Delhi Goats... specifically, Old Delhi Goats...

Taken with a Canon Pro 1.