The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My GRD Lives!!!!!!

O

Oxide Blu

Great B&W!!! I never had a GRD, only a GRDII and GRDIII. Love the in-camera B&W in both of then. That is pretty much all I shoot anymore -- B&W. Recently been shooting food. The Japanese are obsessed with taking pix of food, so I do it in B&W.

Btw, why does your cat have only one eye?

Lili

Great B&W!!! I never had a GRD, only a GRDII and GRDIII. Love the in-camera B&W in both of then. That is pretty much all I shoot anymore -- B&W. Recently been shooting food. The Japanese are obsessed with taking pix of food, so I do it in B&W.

Btw, why does your cat have only one eye?
Oxide, thanks! For a long time I only ever shot my GRD. Now that its back I am gonna work extensively but not exclusively with it.
My Olympus E-PL1 with the 17mm Pancakes does splendid B&W as well!

I think but camera compliment one another nicely. One doing 35mm-e and the other 28. THe Oly doing shallow DOF and the Ricoh the deep, small-sensor look.
As to Little Grey's Eye, he was a rescue; showed up on our doorstep with a badly injured left eye. We took him in but the Vet could not save it.
He is the most playful and adorable little cat!

Last edited:

Will

Both lovely images Lili, and an interesting contrast in qualities from the two cameras.