The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the hypnotist

smokysun

well, i know i'll get trashed by someone who hates processed photographs. however, the photo can't tell everything. i give the sample of an original and then the others. if you find them stupid and ugly, please spare me the knife to the heart. digital is a whole new age.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. it's fun to try and find the invisible.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

I will not be the first to pierce your hart:shocked: i just love all this photo art experimentation :thumbs:.

have been toying with this myself, without the courage to post but next time......

smokysun

thanks, derek. i have found people more forgiving with photographs, they've a generally wider appeal. when you get away from them in direction of art and individuality, your audience shrinks. you have fiercer defenders and more biting critics. photographs about content, paintings about form. have fun.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

Will

I think these are rather good Wayne (English understatement meaning very very good).
The distinguishing feature of your extreme processed photographs is the artistic creativity that you bring to them. You use the original image to create something greater whereas most of this sort of processing by most other people on the net is pretty banal.

smokysun

thanks, will. something sinister and sleazy about this hypnotist. reminded me of a thomas mann (heinrick mann?) story about a hyptonist who obviously represented the fascist leaders of europe in the 30's. hard to bring it out in a straight photo, especially under the shooting conditions.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp