The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

for foveon lovers d15 shipping in uk

LCT

Thank you Jim. How about 21mm to 50mm lenses? I need a special focus screen with the 5D for instance. Is it the same with the Sigma?

Kofronj

For me, manual focusing with the 50 mm and 24-70 mm (as well as the 10-20 mm) were all fine. But as I mentioned, I have 20-12 vision so I see changes against the focus screen pretty well.

smokysun

seriously considering one, if i can contemplate carrying a dslr. just bought another lense i'd been wanting on ebay.

PENTAX SCREW MOUNT 85-210MM F1:4.5 TELE ZOOM LENS

it's a helios lens. made in russia. cost including mailing from the uk: $57.00. i'm a sucker for these lenses that go for so little. can use it on my canons and fuji and on the sd15, if...

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. the adapter for the sigma will cost you about $6 from hong kong via ebay.

pss. AN IMPORTANT QUESTION. for canon i need a confirmation adapter. however for the fuji no confirmation connector needed, the little green dot lights up when it's in focus. will it do the same for the sd15? I've several m42 to sigma adapters, but none of them have the confirmation connectors. the confirmation light makes manual focusing a snap.

Last edited:

raywest

Hi Kofroni,

My favorite software doesn't support the x3f raw (Lightzone), and I've had a bunch of discussions with the guys over there and it's simply a market decision as well as a resource issue (it's a very different processing pipeline than a CFA sensor).
Maybe you need to speak with Dave Coffin. Afaik, lightzone and many others rely on dcraw.

Best wishes,

Ray

Kofronj

Hi Kofroni,

Maybe you need to speak with Dave Coffin. Afaik, lightzone and many others rely on dcraw.

Best wishes,

Ray

Hi Ray,

Lightzone only depends on DCRAW to read the file, it doesn't use Dave's code to do the demosaicing. And that's where the problem lies.

I also have to take back my comment about SPP 4.1 being less crash prone. I've had a crash-fest session with it a few nights ago.

Jim

Kofronj

Hi Wayne,

I've never used my adapter on the SD15 (or on the SD14 for that matter). I've never bothered to get into the alt-lenses.