The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

water dancer

smokysun

thanks, derek. it's fun and it limbers me up to go between the fancifull and the more realistic, photographic. for me digital has been a godsend. at 13 i wanted to be an artist, but decided i couldn't draw and became a writer instead. this has been a gift to the aging.

the fallen angel

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

otumay

Very nice, Wayne.
Two alternative views on the topic of captions: One may argue that the photograph should speak for itself, whereas a caption manipulates the viewer verbally; or, one may consider captioning photos a composite art, where words and images form the message.
Your works and Rayyan's on the Nikon and Leica forums bring this to my mind. Do keep posting, I enjoy them immensely.

D

D upton-Hackett.

captions in my humble opinion are useful they have been used by the good and the great throughout history manly in the art world, Lowery-Constable and Picasso all made good use of titles ( captions). to help create interest around their work.

smokysun

Last edited:

smokysun

thanks, osman. missed your note. i do think photos can speak for themselves with simple emotions. yet every iconic photo has a context which functions as a caption.

best, wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

sign language

Last edited: