The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

F70EXR Concert Shots

pollobarca

Lili, very interesting the results you have from this camera. I look forward to seeing more.
Certainly you got yourself a good spot to shoot from.

b rgds

paul

Lili

Thanks Paul, I am amazed I got this quality from a tiny camera in the really low light and long range.
Most shots were from like 45 feet or so.
I used Kim letkeman's suggested EXR concert settings for most.
DR400, 1/100 sec, adjust ISO as needed, it is dark, bring it up in post, avoid the highest ISO if possible.
the single shot of Josh, ISO 3200, came out very very well indeed.

pollobarca

Great! 15 mtrs distance too. I dare not use more than 800 iso on the GX100. In fact really its limit is 400 iso.
I will be looking for a new camera soon I think! Hot pixels now...

all the best

paul

Lili

Great! 15 mtrs distance too. I dare not use more than 800 iso on the GX100. In fact really its limit is 400 iso.
I will be looking for a new camera soon I think! Hot pixels now...

all the best

paul
I wish the Small Sensor makers had pixel mapping, it is annoying to find Hot ones! I really enjoy using my m4/3 Oly, but situations like this concert show just how versatile and easy to carry small sensors can be.

pollobarca

Yes Lili, my C5050z has pixel mapping and it works. For my GX100 I can , in RAW, make a dark frame and with UFRaw blend it. This works a treat. The GX100 makes its own dark frame and blends only on long exposures. This locks up the camera for a considerable time.
Anyways unless you are an official or "friend" (artist or locale) photography at concerts is difficult with anything but a small camera. I am looking at that Samsung TL500 with this in mind. F1.8 lens will do nicely, thanks, along with useable high ISO.

All the best

paul

Lili

Yes Lili, my C5050z has pixel mapping and it works. For my GX100 I can , in RAW, make a dark frame and with UFRaw blend it. This works a treat. The GX100 makes its own dark frame and blends only on long exposures. This locks up the camera for a considerable time.

Yes, Ricoh does think things through don't they!

Anyways unless you are an official or "friend" (artist or locale) photography at concerts is difficult with anything but a small camera. I am looking at that Samsung TL500 with this in mind. F1.8 lens will do nicely, thanks, along with useable high ISO.

I too looked at the TL500, it is very nice, I also thought about carrying my m4/3 Oly E-PL1, but the fastest lens I've for it is the 17mm pancake. There're just some things a small sensor allows that are harder to pull off with a bigger one.

All the best

paul
One wishes always for the tiny, ergonomic, fast lenses, perfect hi ISO camera!

R

robertro

These are great, and the reason that I love the diminutive F70EXR.

It's a shame that Fuji decided to shrink the sensor with the subsequent model, the F80EXR. Of course, I'm still torn between my F70EXR with its wide range lens and my F30, with its faster lens and bigger sensor!

Lili

These are great, and the reason that I love the diminutive F70EXR.

It's a shame that Fuji decided to shrink the sensor with the subsequent model, the F80EXR. Of course, I'm still torn between my F70EXR with its wide range lens and my F30, with its faster lens and bigger sensor!
Thanks Roberto! The F80EXR sensor is the same size as the F70, it just has 12 versus 10mp.
Higher pixel density hence more noise at high ISO.
It appears to do marginally better in good light though.
Love this little camera too!