The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-400, B&W through PhotoAcute...

Brian Mosley

Taken this morning with the E-400 + 14-54mm, processed from a burst of 9 shots through PhotoAcute, finished in LightZone.

Kind Regards

Brian

helenhill

Love it......sombre & elegant.....sets the mood

Brian :
A question RE: Olympus
Been musing over all the 4/3 olympus shots here at GETDPI
To my eye the e420 seems a tad flat (?under exposed by nature) in comparision to the E1 / E3 (noticed this more in the recent 'cat' safari expedition)
Even your last two 400 shots have a touch more magic
(your recent flower & parrot shots were divine though /420 :)

WHAT'S YOUR VIEW ?
All the Best, H

Brian Mosley

Thanks Helen,

a lot of what you're seeing on line has been affected by PP choices... the Olympus jpeg engine is actually extremely good - but most people seem to prefer going RAW and applying their own visual preferences (myself included!)

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Here's another church on the way home this morning... same E-400 + ZD 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 - single shot.

Kind Regards

Brian

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Brian, these are terrific shots with the Oly. Which I hate to see because the more I see from that camera, the more I like it. And I really don't wanna let my mind go there because my wallet pocket will be required to follow. :eek:

One small thing on these two shots in particular. The sharpening seems just a tad heavy. They're vibrating a bit more than is comfortable to my eye. Maybe it's just me. Thanks for sharing them.

Tim

Brian Mosley

Hi Tim, yes the sharpening is quite strong on these... I think I've been spending too much time around the Sigma crowd! :ROTFL:

Kind Regards

Brian

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Hi Tim, yes the sharpening is quite strong on these... I think I've been spending too much time around the Sigma crowd! :ROTFL:

Kind Regards

Brian
Aha! That explains it. Just keep in mind the sage advice; "To thine Oly self be true".

Martin S

Brian

I liked the B+W church yard shot.

Not too overdone with the HDR as in some shots.

Very natural, and more like the way our eyes see a contrasty image.

The overdone HDR images usually contain a bright halo around darker objects which identifies them as (to me) over processed images.

Martin

Brian Mosley

Thanks Martin, I hate the overdone HDR look too... glad you like this one.

And Tim, I've reloaded the 2nd church image with much less sharpening applied. Hope you like it?

Kind Regards

Brian