The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone Tiltshift?

• Thread starter The End Of Print
  • Start date
T

The End Of Print

Was a nice sunny day today so thought i'd "tiltshift" some pics i took on my lunchbreak in photoshop tonight.

I love this effect, great fun getting something so that it looks like its a model.

If you havent seen tiltshift stuff before, search on flickr for it. Some great examples.

(taken with my new Ricoh GX100)

N

nei1

Nice effect,can you do the reverse with a trainset?:thumbup:

T

The End Of Print

thats quite a good photoshop tutorial.

its true that you've got to pick the right kind of shot to use.
strong sunlight with dark large shadows is best, makes it look more like a model.

rather than using a photoshop filter i take the image, bump up the contrast, sometimes brightness, add more 'black' using levels.

then select an area that will be your main point of focus. then blur everything else basically.
blur the things that are really far away from the focus area a lot
then add a slight blur to things that fall closer to the focus area.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I discoverd that I have very few photos shot from a high angle. Hmmm. Sounds like I need to get myself to a city and book a room high up in a hotel.

Here's my first attempt. Not as magical as yours TEOP, but a start.

T

The End Of Print

great job for 1st attempt TRSmith :)
you picked a great photo to work with.

I did another