The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summer 2010

Will

A trick I use for white balance is to push the saturation way up before I do the wb adjustment which makes it much easier to judge. I then pull the saturation back to what it should be.

pollobarca

Good tip Will.Thanks.
Lovely pix again, I hate bugs even if the photo is brilliant!
really like the last one from Marthas Vineyard by show performance.And the ship in the harbour from Jminor.
b rgds

paul

thomasl.se

South-east Stockholm, July 2010. By streaming water, and it rarely gets really warm around this particular spot.

P.s.
It's in the LX3-thread; apologies if cross-posting is poor form. For me though, this is my summer picture of this year; not yet having taken a swim, and the summer weather keeps hitting the pause button since last week.

Kofronj

There are a bunch of great photos in this group: I really like Will's landscapes and the blueberry stained fingers make me think that someone was eating as many blueberries as he was picking...

Another sure sign of summer in these parts (SD15):

Jim

otumay

Jim, your photo is moving, subtle and delicate. This is beautiful. On a different level, I have never been satisfied by my SD14, though I use DP1 extensively. I shall be very interested in your output and, if possible, your impressions of this new camera. Thank you for sharing.
Best,
Osman

Kofronj

Osman,

I would never recommend the SD14 to a friend (or even an enemy), at least not without a lot of caveats. For me, it was a much harder camera to use then the SD10 (with regards to exposure), even though it brought some conveniences (quiet shutter, 'modern' battery).

The SD15 is much nicer. Easier colors, nicer control. Lots of buffer space (21 shots). Batteries last forever (roughly 800-900 shots---sometimes my SD14 only gets 150 shots). No lockups. Better autofocus for running dogs. I haven't thoroughly beat on my copy yet, but it's a lot nicer/easier to use than the SD14. I was very surprised---I wasn't going to upgrade because it's basically the same sensor, but there's a much better behaving camera around it now.

And I can't wait to see what they come out with next. Hopefully we'll here at Photokina.

Thanks for the nice comments. This was my niece's wedding, and I was thankful that they had a real wedding photographer there. That's not a job I aspire to...

Jim

D

D upton-Hackett.

tranquil hour just sitting and taking in the peace of the harbour at St Peter Port.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Osman. Digilux 2.with just a little crop and highlight very slightly increased.

MisiekBunnik

Osman. Digilux 2.with just a little crop and highlight very slightly increased.
I am very interested in either the Leica X1 or (because people pointed me in that direction) the Digilux 2. I love the look of the digilux 2 and hope it's a joy to handle. Are you happy with the output of the digilux, meaning looking at dp2 images at 100% is a joy, at 100% with digilux, maybe not??
(sorry for the short interruption of this lovely thread, there are too little 'image threads' in fora these days!)

best
ronald aka misiekbunnik