The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX5 full spec sheet leaked....

Joan

Looks lovely, but I can't let myself think about this ... sticking with my GXR, and no more camera purchases for at least a year!! (Hold me to this, please!) :)

Terry

It will be interesting to see what this means in the spec sheet....

ISO

Auto / i.ISO / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400* / 12800* (* by pixel mixed readout)
High Sensitivity (ISO 1600-12800)

sinwen

Looks like a small update of the LX3, not really what most were hoping for.... a bigger sensor, a good screen.
Never mind.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Unfortunately they seem to stay with small sensor. Doing higher ISO by some sensor improvements and even more in camera processing. This is disappointing for me.

Tim

I will be keen to see the back panel of this new model. It will eventually be seen of course. My LX3 is a good image maker but the controls of the GRD are much better. Does not stop me using the LX3 though. I'm considering a possible LX5 upgrade but want to see what else will be offered soon by Pany before going in.

Of course the tests and samples will do most of the telling.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
I think this is a major update to an already excellent camera; I have one of these on order already: apart from the higher ISOs, it takes the GF-1 EVF, and goes to 90mm EFOV—what's not to like? AND the grip's been deepened.

This is what I have been waiting for, frankly: 24–90 EFOV, fast lens, tiny but grippable, and truly pocketable. If the S90 had an EVF, I would be happy with it, too, BTW.