The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

London Town

sizifo

Some more London specific photos. Angel Alley

and the Kangaroo

Now thinking that the first may work better in color. Anyway..

V

VladimirV

Here are some of mine.

View from the 41st floor towards the O2 and East London:

The Thames Barrier:

Near Camden Lock:

Will

Great shots sizifo and vladimirV, I really like the one of the O2

Some from today, I nearly melted, 33 degrees! Th underground was way hotter then that even.

All GRD2

Air conditioning was lovely!

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
sizifo.....that image makes me long for Bill Brandt's images.....

off to the archive......

Thanks.... I needed a spark

sizifo

sizifo.....that image makes me long for Bill Brandt's images.....

off to the archive......

Thanks.... I needed a spark
I hope this is a good thing :)

Two more of the storm, these are less good (or more bad) than the previous, but still.

An experimental one (GRD II)

And another one of Harrods (GRD I).

Must say I still prefer the B&W tonality of the GRDI...

Will

I really like those sizifo. Looking back over some of my B&W images I have to say I agree with you about the GRDI producing better tonality than the GRDII
My GRDII was in for repair last year and so I was forced to revert to the GRDI and it rendered some lovely files. I now find myself using the sepia tone option on the GRDII and am wondering if that is a reaction to the B&W jpgs not being so pleasing?

Think I'm going to start a new thread for GRDI and GRDII B&W images.

Last edited:

sizifo

Absolutely. While the II has more pixels, it also has more crapixels :) than the I . As a result, the images have more resolution, but also have more of the cardboard cutout feel of small sensor. This can be good or bad, depending on the image, but the tonality of GRDI is definitely superior.

I think this is a general trend, and the reason why the tonality of very old small sensor cameras often beats the new ones (e.g. as was arguably obvious in the recent olympus thread here).

The problem I have is that the GRDII is just about the perfect camera as far as UI, whereas GRDI can be annoying in some respects.

sizifo

I hope this one isn't too provocative. Soho on a saturday night.

I also attach a color version. Not sure which one works better.

Will

They look like they could be don't they.

Here is another one which should give the game away.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Ok i give UP...... new kind of toilet!!!! scratching head.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Not for me i suffer from claustrophobia.Thanks for the gold star will wear it with pride.:D

Derek.