The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

London Town

Will

Is that the pub on Neil street, in the last photo? You've posted that photo before, no? There was some discussion about shooting behind your back, right (and the ethics of street photography)? It is very very good.

Here are some more photos. Various things on the move.
Yes that's right, it's the pub on the Seven Dials end of Neil Street, and I have shown that photo before (I like it so much I couldn't resist showing it again)

I really like your latest set, particularly the view through the train, wonderful!

Thanks for the kind comments Lili and Helen :)

Will

Time for a splash of colour from me.

GRD2 21mm (Spot the pigeon)

GRD2 (another pigeon)

DP1 (snuck Center Point in again :p)

Lili

Time for a splash of colour from me.

GRD2 21mm (Spot the pigeon)

GRD2 (another pigeon)

DP1 (snuck Center Point in again :p)
I see the Pigeon!
:D
Love the color and sharpness.
Dontcha just love the Gw-1 Will?

sizifo

Thanks for the nice comments everybody.

Will - That is all well known territory to me. Did my phd in King's College, and the office was in Drury Lane.

+ I believe the idea is to spot the aluminum pigeon in the last one.

sizifo

Excellent!

How old are these? Judging by the car it's the 70s. I can't recognize the guy in the first photo as any PM known to me.

Robert Campbell

Excellent!

How old are these? Judging by the car it's the 70s. I can't recognize the guy in the first photo as any PM known to me.
I'm not sure of the date - somewhere around late 70s. I don't think the chap is a PM. In those days, you could walk freely along Downing Street, up to the front door of No 10 and have your photo taken there...no longer possible.

sizifo

I'm not sure of the date - somewhere around late 70s. I don't think the chap is a PM. In those days, you could walk freely along Downing Street, up to the front door of No 10 and have your photo taken there...no longer possible.
Yes, it's amazing it was all open despite the IRA threat. Apparently they only locked down the street in the late 80s, according the wikipedia. I actually went inside a few years ago (there is a court I visited, for a strange reason), and it's mega security. Taking out a camera would probably cause some problems.

Thanks a lot for these photos.

sizifo

I think it's time for some park photos. The first is actually with an SLR. The last is my favorite, with a minolta small sensor, taken a few years ago. I have many different PP versions of it, this being a massively overshaprened one.

Will

I think I may have posted this a while back but I cant remember?

Tate Modern Turbine Hall taken with Olympus C-3040Z

DavidE

Wow, this one is extra special, Will.

There's a wonderful interplay between the people, shadows, and reflections. It's the kind of image you become lost in (in a good way) as you sort through the intricacies of the composition.

Will

sizifo, Helen, David many thanks. That image is one of my all time favorites, and my picture is one of my all time favorites out of my images.
The NYCS one benefits a lot from the smoky atmosphere, not sure it's worth all the respiratory deceases but it really makes for a good picture!

N

ntrolls

Hi, everyone! This is my first post to the forum. I recently "came back" to photography after getting the wonderful GX-100. Before that, my DSLR probably made it harder to go on shooting rather than helping it.

I welcome your comments - criticisms, what you would have done differently, anything :)

One rainy morning on Old Street.

V

VladimirV

Some more pictures from London:

My Paparazzi shot:

Banksy

St. Paul's

Greenwich

The O2

Tate Modern