The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nissan Chatsworth Horse Trials

Brian Mosley

Hello everyone,

we had a short notice UK Photo Safari event yesterday in the grounds of Chatsworth House, England... the day was a great success with seven group members. and families attending.

I was able to secure free access for all, and press passes which allowed us access to all parts of the course. We're working on coordinating a field report now, and here are the first few highlight shots.

Brian Mosley
E-3, 50-200mm SWD
1/400 Sec f3.5 at 200mm iso100

E-420, 25mm f2.8 pancake
1/4000s f/2.8 at 25.0mm iso200

Paul Shields
E-3, 35-100mm f2
1/8000 Sec, f2.2 at 62mm iso320

E-3, 150mm f2
1/2000 Sec, f2 at 150mm iso160

We're concentrating on finishing this report in a new, collaborative way of working... hopefully this will result in a higher quality, more speedy output!

Kind Regards

Brian

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
You know, the funny part is, that there are still a lot of people out there who try to argue that Olympus is some kind of third tier system, best suited for absolute beginners who don't even dream about taking proper photos.

Great shots, all of them. Impossible to choose a favourite here :)

helenhill

You know, the funny part is, that there are still a lot of people out there who try to argue that Olympus is some kind of third tier system, best suited for absolute beginners who don't even dream about taking proper photos.

Great shots, all of them. Impossible to choose a favourite here :)
HOW TRUE IS THAT .......Jorgen
Too much gear snootiness /I agree poor Olympus

and soooo I'll have to join one of the oly threads sooon /I bought an E330 coupled with a cron 50mm f2 / comes tomorrow....YEAH!!

All the Shots are quite FAB /and another VOTE for the overhead w/shadow: DIVINE

BEST,H

Last edited:

dhsimmonds

You know, the funny part is, that there are still a lot of people out there who try to argue that Olympus is some kind of third tier system, best suited for absolute beginners who don't even dream about taking proper photos:)
I quite agree, it makes one think a bit when toting large heavy lenses with even heavier DSLR's around with huge price tags! Superb photography here but then it's not so much just the camera but also the eye behind the viewfinder that makes the picture!

Brian Mosley

Thanks everyone, we had a grand day out... and a good laugh, at the expense of some heavily laden 'conventional' DSLR users ;)

When it's this hot, you really appreciate the compact and lightweight design that delivers superb image quality!

Someone suggested cropping the rider from above... I don't know whether you consider this an improvement?

Kind Regards

Brian

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I like the crop but I also like the shadows along the top of the image in the uncropped version.

helenhill

I preferred the ORIGINAL (before cropping)
with the horse shadow
offsetting
the people & rail shadow from above.....LOVELY

Best, H

Brian Mosley

Thanks Helen, cmb

I think the crop has left too much empty space to the left perhaps? I may crop a bit more, but also like the original with just the bottom left corner sorted out. (Rich suggested this too)

Thank you for your comments :)

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Hello everyone,

I'm delighted to share that the follow-up report to this event has been kindly hosted by John Foster, of Biofos... you can read everyone's impressions of the day, and see the best shots of the day here :

http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/chatsworth.html

I'd appreciate your opinion on the article - it would be very useful to have some honest feedback, and constructive criticism most welcome!

Kind Regards

Brian