The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Richard Franiec's prototype grip for DP1

S

SimonLarbalestier

Richard kindly sent me these quick JPEGS of his prototype DP1 grip.
With his permission I'm posting them here for others to see along with his thoughts:

"The grip is 3D machined from solid aluminum billet and black anodized and nickel sealed. The bright anodizing finish in black in combination with nickel seal makes the grip feel sticky when there is a little moisture on the skin. The shape of the grip conforms to the natural curving and shape of the middle finger.Holding the grip places thumb right in between controls on the back of the cam naturally, leaving index finger free to press the shutter button. There will be framed sigma letter (in Greek) in place of existing sigma-dp1 logo. The grip has the provision for the sliding battery door, once applied. There is no chance that the grip would interfere with the hood attached to the camera, plenty of space in between."

I, for one, will be purchasing this grip when it's available as my hand when hot and sweaty slips right off the camera if i'm not careful and am having to rely on the wrist strap alone!

S

SimonLarbalestier

From my understanding there are available thin, transparent silicone strips with adhesive on one side, which could be applied, when needed, so it would have to be a permanent fixture.

S

SimonLarbalestier

Richard just sent me these which will be the production version of the grip so far.

P

pcheywood

That really does look good. I was happy to hear that it was not permanent though, just in case the camera ever had to be returned under warranty.

Is there any sort of projected price?

Paul.