The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Subtle Ricoh Color

Lili

Bat Car in the Morning

tried for more subtle, real color palette
Reflected Convergence

Joan

Those reflector thingies look like a long row of fried eggs on the pavement! :D
(Maybe I'm just getting hungry for lunch, lol)

Lars

Reflected Convergence
As always, watch out for blown blue skies when shooting digital, typical digital shift to cyan to the upper right on this one. Tricky scene though, tons of tonal range. This is the downside of the "expose to the right" movement, it's so easy to blow highlights, and very difficult to recover once the information is gone. Raw might provide some latitude for the raw converter to use.
(Lili I hope you dont mind some critical input on technique.)
Lars

Lili

Those reflector thingies look like a long row of fried eggs on the pavement! :D
(Maybe I'm just getting hungry for lunch, lol)
LOL, thanks Joan, I am going for quesadillas and magaritas for dinner tonight
;)

Lili

As always, watch out for blown blue skies when shooting digital, typical digital shift to cyan to the upper right on this one. Tricky scene though, tons of tonal range. This is the downside of the "expose to the right" movement, it's so easy to blow highlights, and very difficult to recover once the information is gone. Raw might provide some latitude for the raw converter to use.
(Lili I hope you dont mind some critical input on technique.)
Lars
Thanks Lars, not harm in critique, I was not aiming for technical perfection, especially in a scene that would challenge even film!
I did get the effect I was shooting for, you don't find the blown sky in upper right too distracting i hope?

Lars

No not distracting of course, and it's really about good composition and depth. You have to keep in mind, my profession is making imaging software so I tend to get stuck on technical details.

Lars

Joan

LOL, thanks Joan, I am going for quesadillas and magaritas for dinner tonight
;)
Oh, man ... I would really LOVE a good margarita right now. I made pasta and we had Sam Adams Boston Ale. Not nearly as appealing on a warm evening.

I think the Ricoh does an amazing job, especially considering it's tiny sensor.
No disrespect to you, Lars, but I didn't even notice the little bit of blown out sky, the rest of the image is what's telling the story, so IMHO that's a "so what-er." ;)