The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photo Essay taken with my Nikon 5700

Daniel

The Nikon 5700 was my first digital camera and my first experience with digital photography. I'm personally proud of these pictures because I manage to salvage what I thought was completely ruined from over processing. This was before I understood anything about raw or master files. But, I was able to salvage them by converting them to black and white and applying "grain".

I've taken almost 3,000 pictures with my Nikon 5700, but they were terrible pictures - out of focus, poor exposures, over processed. But this is not the point for me, because they're, nevertheless, special memories of my first visit to Singapore where I grew up until 1976.

Anyway, if you enjoy people-watching, then perhaps you might enjoy this (or find it somewhat interesting) of the kid and adult:

SMRT Joy Ride in Singapore

Joan

I'm glad you were able to rescue your pictures of something so important in your life. The B&W looks good. Now go get them printed in a photobook! :)