The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

May I introduce my new camera and its unusual partner??

antara

Just bought the panasonic FZ18 to compliment my GX100.
Started playing around and attached the Nikon wce68 wide angle to an adapter that fit, and zoomed in for some macros. Interesting effect, no necessity for lens-baby or PS blurring.
What do you think?

This is Bodhi.

Hopes its ok to post this camera here.
This forum feels more like home to me than the Pany forum on dpreview, since I entered Ricoh world.
It's a very fun little camera-just getting to know it. Its ease of use and feel in the hand encourages a kind of creative response reminiscent of my first love, the Oly C2100. The GX100 has that same kind of feel, except it takes a bit more patience and technique, not quite the instant intimacy of the Oly. We do really form special relationships with our cameras, huh? Or is this just metaphor?!:)
Thanks for looking.

Antara

Terry

These are cool shots. Not sure why the wide angle adapter is giving the dreamy blur but it is cool. I am a big Panny fan with a few different models ;). No reason not to post from any cameras on this site. People are really cool about others equipment choices.

antara

Thanks ,Helen, Clay, TEB. I appreciate your responding.
TEB, the lens is concave and as the camera lens zooms out beyond the peripheral focus, it blurs. Just discovered it accidentally.