The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New S95

Terry

Last weekend I met up with a forum member to show him some Sony gear. He brought along his S95 and I was doomed. Instead of just going out and buying yet another camera I did a trade for the S95 (I gave up the LX5). LX5 is a good camera but I wasn't really bonding with it. The camera arrived yesterday and I spent some time last night going over the settings. I still have a bunch to learn on the camera but this AM I took it to the farmers market. Nothing special just getting familiar with the controls and looking at the files/colors. These are all from jpegs at the standard settings.

Last edited:

Terry

HI Terry
Glad to see that you're keeping up your end of the camera acquisition situation :ROTFL:
Oh, Jono I could never let you down.....yesterday I ordered my new Epson 4900 printer and I'm about to do a tech camera lens purchase.....

Terry

Thanks Diane....nothing inspiring this AM and not a lot of other opportunities.....in the last 10 minutes the fog has cleared enough to realize I live near the water....LOLOLOLOL

Hopefully I will get out somewhere this afternoon.....feeling the need to shoot the tech camera as well.

photoSmart42

Just bought an S95 for my wife as well. Here's one of the shots I took this morning with it while we were walking around downtown:

darr

Wow Terry, you sure do have the gear!
Another tech camera lens? Which one?
I am still going over making the Alpa to Arca R series switch; still think it out.

Darr

PS: On my screen, the colors look wonderful!

Helena

Wow, great shots Terry! I also like Dragos' leaves.

I got my S95 about three weeks ago and I have been very impressed with it in most situations. As a companion to 5D I like it better than the Panasonic G1 I had last winter.

Maybe we should start a S95 picture thread? I have some I'd like to share.

m3photo

I have an s90 I'm very pleased with too. Surprising detail and dynamic range from a small sensor. Apart from the easily-knocked rear dial, is there any other reason to switch to the s95?

Terry

Wow Terry, you sure do have the gear!
Another tech camera lens? Which one?
I am still going over making the Alpa to Arca R series switch; still think it out.

Darr

PS: On my screen, the colors look wonderful!
This one doesn't count against me because I traded for it so some gear left the house. Actually, I just sold down a ton of gear so I feel pretty good right now.

Yes, on the tech camera lenses...I think prices are going up enough in January that I'm accelerating things a little bit.

Terry

Wow, great shots Terry! I also like Dragos' leaves.

I got my S95 about three weeks ago and I have been very impressed with it in most situations. As a companion to 5D I like it better than the Panasonic G1 I had last winter.

Maybe we should start a S95 picture thread? I have some I'd like to share.
I will sart the thread.

Terry

I have an s90 I'm very pleased with too. Surprising detail and dynamic range from a small sensor. Apart from the easily-knocked rear dial, is there any other reason to switch to the s95?
I never tried the S90, if the firmware is similar I guess I would say no. One the reviews I read did detail out all of the differences and I think it was minor enough. Funny the one thing ergonomically that sounds weird is that I almost wish the shutter release were on the mode dial. My finger always wants to be there.

Helena

I never tried the S90, if the firmware is similar I guess I would say no. One the reviews I read did detail out all of the differences and I think it was minor enough. Funny the one thing ergonomically that sounds weird is that I almost wish the shutter release were on the mode dial. My finger always wants to be there.
I agree, but I'm beginning to get use to its position now.

Thank you for starting the picture thread! I'll go and post some photos now. Hope others will do too.