The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica d-lux 3

F

Flavio

Great pictures, friends!
Maggie!
really like your cool shots, especially the "Empty" and, of course (as italian) the VESPA ( not ot mention the FEET)!

flavio

Maggie O

Thanks, y'all!

Flavio, I love Vespas! I had a 1961 GS and an 80's P200e when I lived in Minneapolis. Sadly, both were lost in a garage fire. :(

F

Flavio

Maggie,
really sad! I live around 70 km from the Vespa maker, the Piaggio factory at Pontedera, on my way to the sea :)
but Piaggio is not making Vespa anymore, I suppose you already know that.
As BMW is not producing the traditional Twin R line anymore. Too bad! I still use an R 100 since 1980. Old german mechanical way.

nostatic

Empty Bookcases, Berlin, October, 2007

I loves me the texture shots. What settings are you using under those conditions? I just got my D-lux3 and have already moved from shooting mostly auto with my previous p&s (sad, but if you get the shot...) to program mode with the Leica. I've been loathe to use higher iso settings and read with interest the "push" experiments. And I *never* "shot" b&w in the recent past, that is until seeing some of the photos here and on l-camera. Great stuff...

Maggie O

That photo was shot as a JPG, in program mode, at ISO400 @ 1/125 sec at f/3.2. I did PP in LightZone and tweaked the sharpness, did a mild relight and adjusted the highlights to bring out the bookshelves. It looked pretty decent right out of the camera, but the extra work really made it sing, IMO.