The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica d-lux 3

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Thanks Maggie, I spent about four months in a small town, Klinsey, about 10.5 hours south of Moscow In 95 -96. My shots then where film and the negs are in a shoe box in my closet.... I need to get those out and scan them sometime.
I returned there for a visit this spring/summer with the pano digital.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Does a Panasonic DMC-LX2 count?
promenade and Charles Bridge in the snow, Prague
-bob

nostatic

I'm only a few days into ownership but I'm really warming up to this camera. Still a lot to figure out, and the b&w thing is kinda foreign to me but this camera keeps poking me and screaming "experiment!" Who am I to argue. I love native 16x9, and never thought I'd get into vertical. I have to work on that. For now, a quick shot of breakfast. Not international...well, except that my g/f is originally from Hong Kong ;-)

Otto

Excellent shot Bob. I just received my LX2 this afternoon. Can't wait to get out with it.

Good shooting,
Otto...

Otto

Very nice Maggie O. I'm struggling trying to learn how to do this B&W thing. I can't afford CS3, but I am picking up PSE6 week after next when it will be on sale as Costco for $49. Unless, of course, someone tells me different.

Having just received my LX2, I haven't had a chance to get out with it yet to practice.

Good shooting,
Otto...

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Very nice Maggie O. I'm struggling trying to learn how to do this B&W thing. I can't afford CS3, but I am picking up PSE6 week after next when it will be on sale as Costco for $49. Unless, of course, someone tells me different.

Having just received my LX2, I haven't had a chance to get out with it yet to practice.

Good shooting,
Otto...
Try Adobe Lightroom its less expensive than CS3, easy to use and is a step up from PSE6.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent shot Bob. I just received my LX2 this afternoon. Can't wait to get out with it.

Good shooting,
Otto...
I picked one up in Prague after I LOMOized my second M8.
Photo of the ground approaching.

E

ellemand

Leica d-lux 3 - 400 ISO - RAW converted i CS3.

Happy to see your wonderfull pictures here
Ellemand.

Last edited:

Terry

Good shooting,
Otto...
otto,
do you use Lightroom? The B&W conversions are excellent.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I've come back to this shot several times now. The subtle colors and composition are beautiful
Gosh, thanks.
I like the camera MUCH better the the Canon SD800IS I had been packing as last-ditch backup but forgot.
It needed a little touch-up the in PP because of fringing in the corners.
The Panasonic was chosen since it was half of the price of the Leica in Prague and I could not stand being camera-less my LOMO-ized M8 finially died altogether.
-bob

nostatic

anyone have real-world experience with toughness of the camera? I dropped mine last night on concrete. Slippery little devil. Whacked three of the bottom corners and the edge of the fixed part of the lens (luckily it wasn't extended). Seems to function fine. I'm thinking of either putting friction tape of the fuzzy side of velcro on the fron tright of the camera to give a little more traction. I've come close to dropping it before...

Terry

anyone have real-world experience with toughness of the camera? I dropped mine last night on concrete. Slippery little devil. Whacked three of the bottom corners and the edge of the fixed part of the lens (luckily it wasn't extended). Seems to function fine. I'm thinking of either putting friction tape of the fuzzy side of velcro on the fron tright of the camera to give a little more traction. I've come close to dropping it before...
Yup. The metal on the bottom corner of mine is bent as the camera took a spill in its first week (as I was putting the hand strap on. Now I use it with a neck strap.