The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon G12

Terry

Every year I look at the G series and say that would be an interesting camera to shoot but I've never owned one and shot with one. With M4/3, NEX and then the LX5 and S95 it somewhat like the "odd man out". However, I never seem to be able to shake the curiosity of shooting with one and you do see soooo many people using them.

Is anyone using the G12? Your thoughts?

darr

Not the G12 Terry, but I have been shooting the G9 for a few years and love it!
Here are a few samples from Iceland this summer:

Jökulsárlón, Southern Iceland

Jökulsárlón, Southern Iceland

Icelandic Horses

Snapshot of sisters & cousin with Momma dog & puppy

If my G9 quits, I will buy the G12!

Darr

Terry

Darr - incredible as I just started to scroll down to look at the shots (without reading) all I saw was the bridge and ice and said that has to be the Glacial Lagoon....I could spend days shooting there in different light.

darr

Darr - incredible as I just started to scroll down to look at the shots (without reading) all I saw was the bridge and ice and said that has to be the Glacial Lagoon....I could spend days shooting there in different light.
I want to go back to Iceland--NO, I WILL be going back to Iceland again!!
I totally understand it all! As soon as I get the opportunity again, I'll go back.

Nice work, Terry. Are these MF or sf?

Did you experience any equipment trouble due to the cold/freezing temperatures? The only flaw in equipment I faced when at the Glacial Lagoon, was my Franic grip came off the G9. The adhesive did not hold up in the cold. I love the G9 as my walk around camera. I do not know what I would do without it at times.

I hope someone chimes in with the G12 as I have been eyeing it too. :thumbup:

Terry

Darr - both were taken with the Sony A900.
Oh I will be back there again as well !!!! No equipment failure from the cold but my feet were FREEZING one morning.

MHC

Hi Terry, I bought the G12 recently for my trip in Japan. But I found that the LCD of the G12 is somewhat too yellow when viewing ppl's faces and esp those yellow light or object. But the real picture is normal when view in the PC monitor after downloading.

Do you experience the same problem?

Merry Christmas!

Terry

Hi Terry, I bought the G12 recently for my trip in Japan. But I found that the LCD of the G12 is somewhat too yellow when viewing ppl's faces and esp those yellow light or object. But the real picture is normal when view in the PC monitor after downloading.

Do you experience the same problem?

Merry Christmas!
I actually don't own the G12....but can you check and see if you can adjust the colors on the LCD. I know that is an option on some of the Panasonics.