The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

N8 for magazine cover!

mazor

pretty impressive eh. Nokia really has made the ultimate camera phone this time. Just spruce up the OS and it would be better than perfect.

Lili

I agree with Mazor, though OS does not bother nearly as much as I thought it would.
I am not huge app person, phone and camera performance mean more to me than most apps

Rawfa

There is no denying, Nokia hit the nail in the head with the N8´s camera sensor and lens. I have yet to see a cell phone with a camera this good...to be honest I find the camera on the N8 to match some of the top compact cameras out there regarding IQ in good light.
But being a great smartphone enthusiast the N8 really doesn´t convience me when it comes to processor and OS....which is a real shame, as I really wanted to like the N8 as a whole. I´ve already read that Nokia will be releasing new smartphones with dual core processors, symbian 4 and the same camera sensor the N8 has...so there is hope ahead.

mazor

true rawfa, but what amazes me is the battery life of the n8 possibly due to its slower cpu. Its absolutely amazing. Against the iphone, it trumps it 1.5x or more. Just loading an app on the iphone 4 then checking battery percent shows a good 5% drop if app used for around 5 minutes, like messaging etc. On a daily use I have to charge my iphone twice a day, hence the need for external charge points like cigarette lighters in cars and sleeves like mophie juice packs. The n8, after extensively making calls, capturing images with xenon flash and about 30 minutes of HD video will last the whole day. Also the N8 in my opinion gets better phone quality with less signal drops compared to iphone. Definately the iphone 4 is the better smartphone and of course better music listening device, when it comes to the pure purpose use as a phone and a cell cam, N8 does the task best.

heres a pic I tool of sails. Loviing the IQ of the 12mp sensor and lens

mazor

Last edited:

Lili

true rawfa, but what amazes me is the battery life of the n8 possibly due to its slower cpu. Its absolutely amazing. Against the iphone, it trumps it 1.5x or more. Just loading an app on the iphone 4 then checking battery percent shows a good 5% drop if app used for around 5 minutes, like messaging etc. On a daily use I have to charge my iphone twice a day, hence the need for external charge points like cigarette lighters in cars and sleeves like mophie juice packs. The n8, after extensively making calls, capturing images with xenon flash and about 30 minutes of HD video will last the whole day. Also the N8 in my opinion gets better phone quality with less signal drops compared to iphone. Definately the iphone 4 is the better smartphone and of course better music listening device, when it comes to the pure purpose use as a phone and a cell cam, N8 does the task best.

mazor
I totally agree with you on this.

This was the N8 at ISO 686 F2.8 1/8 sec
the call quality and battery life do rock!!!!!