The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GX100

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Maggie.

I wanted to try to get something like Lili's work, but I'm going to leave the driving to Lili from now on.:thumbup:

C

Chris

Hi Chris,

I just looked through your Flickr gallery. I think a lot of your work is very good and I like it.

Cheers,

Sean
Thank you very much, Sean and Maggie. I'm very honoured.
I enjoy very much taking pictures but as the GX100 is my first camera with manual controls, I have to learn a lot more. So I am very glad about critical inputs.

W

wbrandsma

Mr Ed did make it to europe, I remember it well, but only people of a certain age will know it:rolleyes:
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: I am 34 and also know it so I guess I belong to the people of a certain age too :). Mr. Ed was a landmark.

But thanks for the comments :thumbs:

Excellent work Chris, maybe you could share more work here as well. Your flickr gallery is wonderful and there are many great photos.

Awesome photos Cindy :clap: There both great, but the first one is really fantastic.

C

Chris

Thank you very much, Wouter. I like your work very much as well.

Yesterday, my brother gave me his Pentax K100d (lucky me!). I am looking foreward to my first SLR experience but I am sure, my GX100 will not be useless at all. Especially for street photography, I like the Ricoh so much...

Lili

Yesterday, my brother gave me his Pentax K100d (lucky me!). I am looking foreward to my first SLR experience but I am sure, my GX100 will not be useless at all. Especially for street photography, I like the Ricoh so much...

Chris I like all of these but the first most of all.
Good luck with the K100D, they are very good at hi ISO, do you have a fast lens for it?
The IS works with manual K Mount lenses just fine so picking one up should be very quick and cheap :)

C

Chris

Chris I like all of these but the first most of all.
Good luck with the K100D, they are very good at hi ISO, do you have a fast lens for it?
The IS works with manual K Mount lenses just fine so picking one up should be very quick and cheap :)
Thank you very much for your kind words and for telling me about the lenses!
My brother gave me some lenses with the camera and three of them are actually manual lenses from Pentax.

W

wbrandsma

You're welcome. I admire your street photographs. Really excellent work Chris.
In the Netherlands we don't live our lives so much on the street. We only drive cars to get to work.

E

earlofmar11

Hello,

I just got my GX100 last week and am exploring its many possibilities. Just as with any new camera, you have to learn how it works best with your style of photography. Actually, you both adapt your working style to the camera and the camera to your ways, if you see what I mean... The GX100 is currently my "always with me" camera (before it was the nice little -but very different- Fuji F30).

Here is a picture I took today that I quite like. I first intended to change it to B&W, but finally I found it worked better desaturated with some colour left in.

More to come as I get more familiar with the quirks and strengths of this little companion...

JDavila

I love how quiet these cameras are. I wouldn't be able to get in close without being noticed if it was noisy. In the second one her eye's speak volumes.

jd

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Right before Christmas, I was diagnosed with cancer. I have had surgery and treatment, and haven't been able to get out and photograph too much. Yesterday, I arrived at the Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, Florida) before sunrise to have a total body scan (to look for more cancer).

The news was GREAT and now I can move on to the rest of my life!:clap: