The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GX100

JDavila

Thanks Wouter glad you like it. Also thanks for your insight on the impression piece.

I still have my big bulky Nikon myself with three lenses (12-24mm,18-70mm and a 70-210mm) but don't use it anymore now that I can carry this around with such ease. I will sell it soon myself.

Here is another before I realized how not to have the date imprinted on the pic..........

W

wbrandsma

Awesome capture and I like it how the date print is almost perfectly aligned with the white stripe :thumbup:

JDavila

Thanks Chris.

Here is one inspired by Wouter's smokestack shots. This is the kind of smoke stacks we get in my neck of the woods.:D

jd

JDavila

Thank you very much Lill,

I am having a good time with this camera.

I'm especially enjoying this forum and all the encouraging comments from all the extremely talented people.

helenhill

Wouter Simply Divine ....I love the light & dark tones.... Pulls you right in

JDavila Wonderful Shot...... makes me feel right at home walking the streets
All the Best ! helen:clap:

W

wbrandsma

You are too kind Helen. Thank you!

JDavila: The Ricoh RAW files can take a lot of sharpening and helps to make it appear stronger and more contrasty.

JDavila

Thanks Wouter,

Funny you said that, I've been belly aching over this one for weeks. I'm actually in between programs that will read Raw(DNG) files so I am forced to play around until I pick up a program such as CS3, Aperture 2 or any other program I decide on. Suggestions are welcome.

You can all call me Jeff or Jeffrey if your mad at me like my Mother does :D

Jd

W

wbrandsma

I aint mad at you, but I will call you Jeff anyway :thumbup:

I think your best of with Photoshop CS3. THE BEST TOOL for post processing in my opinion and it comes with their own RAW converter and Bridge. You can use Bridge for keywording and rating.

JDavila

Photoshop CS3 was my first choice, so that the way I will go.

Until then It will be soft not so contrasty shots from me :cussing:

jd