The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GX100

W

wbrandsma

My humbled contribution.
Comments? I dun think the tones right.
Welcome here scanman! I think it is an excellent contribution. The pose of the man and his expression are very interesting and intriguing.

DavidE

Incredible detail in those two, Wouter.

I really like the photographer's shadow in the second image. It counterbalances the natural shadow on the next tree.

sizifo

Some really really wonderful photos here. Of the last ones, the one with the shadow on the tree is great. Wouter, if you did a course in B&W conversion I'd travel half way across Europe to listen to it :).

helenhill

Some really really wonderful photos here. Of the last ones, the one with the shadow on the tree is great. Wouter, if you did a course in B&W conversion I'd travel half way across Europe to listen to it :).
I AGREE
ME TOO for traveling to a 'Wouter' course!!;)...... WOUTER's KING

Best, H

C

chuanweeyeo

Thank you Willi. In some way I still have the feeling that Flickr applies some extra sharpening to the photographs.

Wouter,
I get that idea too about all the big photo sharing sites.Flickr pix change after 2 or 3 minutes from being uploaded.

The unavailable picture is really great.

all the best

paul
If i see any stripe on photo...i will return the camera for a new set..:)

W

wbrandsma

Hey Wouter
FABulous sense of bokeh in small sensor land
What were your settings ?

Best, h
Hi Helen, Thank you. I used the following settings:
f4.6, 1/70 sec, ISO 80, -0.7 EV, 50mm equivalent, macromode.

W

wbrandsma

Thank you all for your comments about my B&W conversion. I will write an article about my B&W conversion method and post it on SeriousCompacts.com. I will let you all know when it will be posted. The tool I use is Adobe Lightroom. In combination with the available dynamic range of the RAW files a lot is possible. And pretty fast too.

A

asabet

Thank you Willi. In some way I still have the feeling that Flickr applies some extra sharpening to the photographs.
That it does. Flickr won't sharpen the photo as viewed at original size, but the smaller size versions it creates are automatically sharpened. Most of us feel that Flickr overdoes it in this respect. Regards, Amin

P

praktinafan

I tried flickr with no extra sharpening before upload, seems ok for me:

I hope it will not be too much but here is the same picture directly from my idisk. Just to compare ...

Willi

W

wbrandsma

I see a small difference between the two Willie. The upper picture is slightly sharper and the dark tones are a fraction darker too.