The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Guess the camera...

bradhusick

By the way, with an 8 GB memory stick, I get something ridiculous like 1400 shots on a card at full resolution!

Lili

Amin, the shots on the serious compact site are remarkable, Sony has evidently done a great job with this camera!

Nigel Rea

I have just tried out a friend's new W300 and took a few shots at ISO400. It was as he handed it to me - no special settings.

Attached are two files as produced by the camera without processing so it is interesting to see what this camera produces from scratch.

The cat and chicken was 1/125th at 5.5 and the plate was hand held at 1/20th at 2.8 in a dark kitchen.

The plate file looks dark but the detail will come out is well preserved without the mushiness I get with my small sensor cameras.

NR