The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The GRD2 goes wide....very wide

Terry

I read on a different forum about a wide angle and fisheye adapter that can used on the GRDs and GX100. Gear slut that I am, I needed to try it out. Today I met up with Helen to lend her a lens. We met up at B&H where they were doing an event with Diana cameras (new versions of the all plastic ones from the 1960s). So, Here are my GRD2 shots from that event.....Personally, I think the GRDs can do the same stuff as many of the lomography cameras with some of these funky accessories and you can have a lot of fun. Technically none of these shots would stack up However, I like them all.

Helen with a Diana
View attachment 5475

Helen with fisheye
View attachment 5476

Our fearless safari leader loaded up with Diana's
View attachment 5477

Another safari participant
View attachment 5478

Helen and I decided to forgo the heat and humidity after one roll of film and go back to the store and shop. The guy from B&H was having a great time waiting on us :D
View attachment 5479

Last edited:

helenhill

OKAY TERRY
You Due is Coming
Don't FORGET i just bought a Fish Eye Lens Too !!
The next Time I see you it will be POSTED as well.........
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

We had a GREAT Time ...... thank you
except for the 'Nut' that came after me
ACCUSING me of taking his photo at the same Time my RD1s Shutter DIED
Mind you I had NOT taken his photo just playing with FOCUSING
such an EASY task on a Rangefinder in Sweltering Humidity
and a CRAZY man yelling at You /Where was Bruce Gilden to sort him out

I AM MUCH PRETTIER :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Last edited:

helenhill

Yes Cam I am HEARTSICK......
This same thing happened to me last week but I initialized the camera settings which turned the color settings to Monochrome & Everything in JAPENESE
HOWEVER the Camera then worked !
I met Terry today we each took one shot with the RD1s then went out with our 'DIANA's' did some HOLGA magic
and then decided to play with our toys
Turned the Rd1s on
the red light came on & then the camera clicked as if i fired a shot
so I cocked it then went to shoot and the shutter is LIMP ....no action and no shutter speed reading in viewfinder
Took battery out for a period of time /turned on-off / changed settings/ initialized settings
THE SHUTTER REFUSES TO WORK
so I came home sent an email to Matasuiyastore /Mr. Noriaki
posted a NEW THREAD ON RFF
and am awaiting Replies:cry::cry::cry:

kevinparis

helen... sorry to hear of your r2d2's malfunction.. I judder to think of the consequences of that happening here in paris.... hope you find a luke skywalker or Hans solo to save you princess leia :)

kevin

cam

i responded to you on RFF but this sounds like a more serious problem, poor thing :(

have you checked out this excellent site?

Seized shutter

This is often due to using an old or substandard generic battery that has inadequate charge. However, although the shutter is a high-quality component made by Copal, there have been a few reports of shutter failure unrelated to the battery.

Similarly to the Cosina-Voigtländer Bessa cameras, the shutter can jam if it is cocked before it has fully released.

Before worrying unduly, do check that the battery hasn’t run out or that the memory card isn’t full!

Solution

The temporary solution is to turn the camera off then on; alter the shutter speed dial if the shutter remains seized. The permanent solution is to discard the battery as the shutter could jam, requiring professional repair.

Professional attention is required if a new battery does not solve the problem, as the shutter mechanism will need attention.

Terry

Helen,
Who knows how long this battery has been sitting around. Even though you charged it why not either get a new one OR leave the camera on with the battery in and let the battery completely drain and then recharge.

helenhill

helen... sorry to hear of your r2d2's malfunction.. I judder to think of the consequences of that happening here in paris.... hope you find a luke skywalker or Hans solo to save you princess leia :)

kevin
LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU :)
Miss you Both
So you've Broken through the Glass Ceiling.......
Will we see you here more Often
Where's Cam ? Does she have any IDEA what could be Wrong
I fear it will have to go back to Japan
which will make me LISTEN To 'BIG IN JAPAN' /Tom Waits /FAB SONG ....
xoBest-H

cam

and, to reiterate what i said in RFF, ALWAYS do a full format on your memory card.

the only time i had a seize up was when i did a quick format on an older card. and, as Terry says, that battery has been sitting around, out of use, for years... definitely try to suss out a new one (several, actually, as they're not all that easy to come by).

cam

Where's Cam ? Does she have any IDEA what could be Wrong
I fear it will have to go back to Japan
which will make me LISTEN To 'BIG IN JAPAN' /Tom Waits /FAB SONG ....
xoBest-H
earth to helen: read a few posts above...

to reiterate:

have you checked out this excellent site?

Seized shutter

This is often due to using an old or substandard generic battery that has inadequate charge. However, although the shutter is a high-quality component made by Copal, there have been a few reports of shutter failure unrelated to the battery.

Similarly to the Cosina-Voigtländer Bessa cameras, the shutter can jam if it is cocked before it has fully released.

Before worrying unduly, do check that the battery hasn’t run out or that the memory card isn’t full!

Solution

The temporary solution is to turn the camera off then on; alter the shutter speed dial if the shutter remains seized. The permanent solution is to discard the battery as the shutter could jam, requiring professional repair.

Professional attention is required if a new battery does not solve the problem, as the shutter mechanism will need attention.

(then go and read terry's and my additional comments)

Last edited:

helenhill

As far as I know the Battery was fully Charged
Card Formatted & Completely Clean
The shutter is not stuck
ITS LIMP the button does not activate an impulse

CAM Darling, I will look at your post at RFF and your above link
TERRY, will try leaving the camera on to drain battery & recharge battery

Now must figure out where to buy an additional battery

:( H....Thank YOU !

Last edited:

kevinparis

terry... worry not as I am just one of those slightly deranged Brits/Scots who can't resist finding the ambiguity in our language

cam

As far as I know the Battery was fully Charged
Card Completely Clean
The shutter is not stuck
ITS LIMP the button does not activate an impulse
!
oh, Helen, i could have SUCH FUN with this, but i know you're kind of traumatised right now :rolleyes:

here's the deal, how exactly do you know it's NOT stuck? it's not moving, right???

and even a fully charged battery can be a dud after sitting in a box for god knows how long. let's try to think positively -- a battery problem is much easier to solve.

memory card -- forget clean. did you use the Full Format option in the camera?

kevinparis

I know i shouldn't ask a lady this.... but... define what you mean by limp?

... how do you know the shutter isn't stuck.. have you taken the lens off and seen whether you see shutter or sensor ?