The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

3d camcorder, credit card size

H

h.hawk

In order to see things in 3D each eye must see a slightly different picture. This is done in the real world by your eyes being spaced apart so each eye has its own slightly different view. The brain then puts the two pictures together to form one 3D image that has depth to it,
3D film viewed without glasses is a very strange sight and may appear to be out of focus, fuzzy or out of register. The same scene is projected simultaneously from two different angles in two different colors, red and cyan (or blue or green). Here's where those cool glasses come in -- the colored filters separate the two different images so each image only enters one eye. Your brain puts the two pictures back together and now you're dodging a flying meteor.

hot

Red/green glasses are cancer for eyes. :D

Looking 2D pictures is "unnatural" :p

A new born baby gets two uncoordinated 2D pictures - both even upside down!
Human brain learns to convert pictures ... it takes long time to learn 3D.

I take more than 90% of my pictures (with ONE camera) in 3D. Best to look these 3D photos is ZALMAN monitor and passive pol glasses.

I also use 3D monitor (1920x1080) and 3D TV (1920x1080) with shutter glasses - and 3D beamer (also with shutter glasses, 1280x720).

Detto 3D videos with 2x 1920x1080 or 1920x1080 side-by-side.

Combining TX7/TX9 (1920x1080), 2x Canon IXUS100 (1280x720) or Fuji Real3D W3 (1280x720) - with lenticular display ...3D without glasses.

Nice 3D video with 2x Sony CX550
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaFgkROmZZM