The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summer images thread

Will

Thought there might be some nice summer mood images looking for a place in the shade to rest.

GRD2
Sitting on the grass.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I think this is a wonderful idea for a thread. Unfortunately, I've had little time to make any images to contribute. Plus, once again, the cool threads are in the small sensor forum. So here's one with the M8. Don't mean to crash the party but maybe this can act as a bump. :)

Will

Really interesting how there is motion blur close up but the distant view is sharp. Unusual effect. I like it a lot.

otumay

A few shots from Bodrum, Turkey with Ricoh GRD2.
Hope you enjoy them,
Osman

Last edited:
S

sheardy

Hi All, here's a summer shot from my new GRDII. Taken in the Rose garden at Morden Hall, Surrey, England.

Sheardy

C

Caer

Good old British summer:

Although, the sun does come out every now and then:

Will

But it wouldn't be so green without the rain Caer lol

sheardy, that rose image is beautiful.

H

Hugh

Occasionally we get nice days in London.
Made from 6 images on Ricoh GRD

Tim

Will "Sitting on the grass" is terrific, great piece of creativity - love it.
Hugh - very eye catching panorama, can I ask what other equipment did you use to make it? tripod? pano head?

No summer here in Oz at the moment :-( But we badly need rain, especially in the catchment areas.
Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
What a great idea for a thread, and already has a bunch of outstanding images! Here is a rather pedestrian cliche, but the best "summer" image I have taken this summer :)

(GRD2 in AE mode)

R

r000man

Hi all ... been lurking here for a couple of months enjoying the discussions and photos. Thought I'd finally poke a toe in the water.
GX100 with a fair bit of PP. Been playing around recently trying to get a Lord of the Rings sort of look - diffuse, glowing, exagerated/blown highlights - and this one's from last weekend. Looks kind of summery :)
Regards, Roman