The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summer images thread

C

Caer

Where is that ruined building Andy ?
Hello! Sorry for taking so long to reply. It's a replica of the ruins of Liverpool castle, and it's near Bolton in the north-west of England.

It was build by Lord Leverhulme in the early 1900s and is a replica. The original was built in the 1230s and was destroyed in 1715 to make way for a church. More info via Google search :)

C

Chuck A

Here are a few from a weekend bazaar taken with the GX100. I am really loving this camera. It is just a great street camera. Easy to use and very intuitive. I just wish it did RAW 1:1. I find myself trying to get out the door just to use this camera.

I wasn't sure whether to put them here or in the square images thread.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Great square B&W Chuck. Looks like fun!

A front started moving in as I was bush hogging and the light turned a little weird. But I actually consider this "fun" too.

Happy 4th everyone!

N

ntrolls

Not quite the green-ness seen in other images, but definitely part of the British summer :)

Nigel Rea

We have an annual barge race near where I live.

I starts in the river then goes out to sea

Around 20 ex-working barges take part

Always a nostalgic sight

Nigel Rea

Took this outside by studio with my Digilux 2 which, sadly I rarely use now.

Always reminds me of summer.

Nigel

S

schg

Hi from Germany!

One summer image taken yesterday on July 4th with a GRD I.
Chris

Joan

WOW!! Some awesome shots here!

Will, ditto the others, beautiful place you have, fabulous sky in that shot.
And Nigel, the barge race scene is so beautiful, want to be there.

Keep 'em coming everyone!

Lili

We have an annual barge race near where I live.

I starts in the river then goes out to sea

Around 20 ex-working barges take part

Always a nostalgic sight
Terric shots, sky, water, barges (Thames River Barges?) and the pilings covered in weed in the foreground!

Will

Some really great images on this thread now, just the thing to be looking at whilst the rain pours down outside!

Something about that beech shot in particular really appeals to me thought the bees, barges, fields, bikes, boats and ice cream vans, etc. are all great too.

Chuck, Joan and Helen thanks for your comments. The picture was taken with my GRD2 (still the best for opportunistic shots, being the one always at my side)