The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon P7000 video

DaveO

I have been looking at this camera to take stills and also video. I just found out that the video is 1280x720 but at 24fps. Is this fast enough to give satisfactory videos? I asked this same question on another site, but no one has given me an answer. The Panasonic GF2 does 1920x1080 at 60fps, but it is $ 300 more. Would I be better off buying the Panasonic GF2?

DaveO

RichA

DSLR's are chunky and boring. They also increasingly find themselves banned from events, buildings, etc. A mirrorless camera might be a better bet. IMO, 24fps is old school and should be done away with. It's an ill-conceived homage to 35mm film. 60fps produces FAR better-looking videos.