The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shading your iPhone screen?

R

Ronan

Is there any solution known to help shading the IP screen in bright light?
Getting away from the bright light :D

I recall people using a screen protector film here. Some of the higher quality one's help with sun glares.

I got mine at the Apple store, no idea what brand/model though.

Don Ellis

I hate to say it, Uwe, but I'm in the Ronan Camp -- get out of the sun. :D

Failing that advice, you can choose matte-finish or mirror-finish screen protectors which will help a little.

I personally use the totally transparent Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic (sounds like someone's allergic to margarine -- and, indeed, I just now see that below that it says "Oil Resistant Coating"). It's tough and brilliant and I love it and it would only serve to aggravate your problem. :)

I think there are special films that prevent people from seeing your screen from the side -- perhaps that might work with regards to the sun.

As you can see, I'm reduced to speculation here. Good luck.