The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

shots of a smoky sun

smokysun

hi paul,
thanks. no hdr, but i have been working to see if i can get something similar from a single shot. love your quote, by the way! french politics so different from american.
best,
wayne'
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. i should say these were shot with the digilux 2 which has a most unusual, sharp lens.

smokysun

here are a couple of self-portraits trying to get something like hdr from a single shot. the first with the fuji s6000, the second with the digilux 2.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

Lili

Nice Wayne
Both imags are interesting without looking like HDR 'oil paintings'.
What I love about the S6000 is how much the RAW responds to Post Processing.
I just got my Pentax cleaned, there was one spot barely visible that simply will not clean.
With all my Cats I must be a poster child for the classic Bridgecamera.
Time to get the S100fs
*looks around in fear*
were DPI DPReview Fuji talk forum those words would draw a flame war.
And you definitely do not need anymore fires right?

smokysun

hi lili,
yes, i hate dealing with dust. the xti does a good job.
one thing about bridge cameras: the 4/3 ratio. it's more contemplative than the 2/3.
the new g1 has three ratios available. i might consider one for my leica r lenses (quite an investment in them).
ah, when does a photograph cease being a photo? that's a great question. personally, i think a photo has a sense of time (and thus, perhaps, nostalgia and the fear of death) that gives it a certain bite. i love paintings, however they escape the temporal. so it seems to me a photo has to have a certain amount of detail which anchors it in our experience of what passes.
found these two magnificent lightning-struck trees on my evening walk.
best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps i have to keep subtracting older photos from the thread. you can see the whole at www.pbase.com/wwp/smoke

Last edited:

smokysun

on the equinox

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. i've organized the photos on my site so you can see them grouped by categories. all the lookout photos, for example, together. should be easier to navigate.

Last edited:

smokysun

spent my days off moving out of two places and putting stuff in storage (or giving it away). this is part of the seasonal life. returned to find the deer bunching up, a sign of fall.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited: