The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fireworks, anyone?

C

Chuck A

Very nice stuff. Interesting effects. Almost looks like you moved or vibrated the tripod.

I didn't take any on Friday but these are from last year. All single timed exposure. Taking fireworks is a hit or miss game sometimes. But when you get some good ones they can be very cool.

H

Hypnohare

I happened to take a shot of my wife looking at the fireworks from the veranda of our house a few days ago. I used a Ricoh GR II at f2.4, 28mm EFOV, ISO 200 and the exposure was 8 seconds long (with a 2 second self-timer for a steadier shot). The camera was clamped on the back of a chair with a Joby Gorillapod.

The funny thing is that my wife didn't know that I was taking the shot and I was surprised by how little she moved with such a long exposure!

Levent

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16699882@N07/

Last edited:

smokysun

really nice photos. the porch scene conveys a sense of time passing. (we're all shooting-stars.) yes, i handheld the f30 on the fireworks setting (2 second shots).
thanks for the comments.
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp