The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Retailer in Seattle

N

ntrolls

This is not a photo thread, but I thought this forum may provide some good information. I am travelling to Seattle in a couple of weeks from London. With the current exchange rate, it makes a good shopping opportunity - and my wife is considering picking up either DP-1 or D-Lux 3 (really tough call here).

So, is there any good & reliable retailer shop in Seattle? I've checked a few webpages (Talls Camera and Kits Camera) but how are they in reality? Or will online/mail-order give me a better deal in general?

Terry

This is not a photo thread, but I thought this forum may provide some good information. I am travelling to Seattle in a couple of weeks from London. With the current exchange rate, it makes a good shopping opportunity - and my wife is considering picking up either DP-1 or D-Lux 3 (really tough call here).

So, is there any good & reliable retailer shop in Seattle? I've checked a few webpages (Talls Camera and Kits Camera) but how are they in reality? Or will online/mail-order give me a better deal in general?
The d-lux3 is now 2 years old and is due for a refresh which supposedly is on the way for Photokina (I've read on other forums of folks being told by dealers that it is discontinued). I have also read that they are getting harder to find.

N

ntrolls

Thank you both. I'll check out the shop (although their webstore does not carry any Sigma). We're slightly leaning towards DP-1 now; I already own a Ricoh GX-100, so I think we can deal with the idiosyncrasies of DP-1 such as the limited macro ability.