The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G9 Brick

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
So I'm down Atlantic City walkin' the boardwalk. It's 90 plus and bright sun, a gazillion people...

I'm carrying the G9 with an extra battery ...and then after 15 frames, the camera is dead. Both batteries fully charged. I do all the things every digigrapher does before PANIC arrives on the scene.

Cut to the info Don...

I contact Canon and a techie tells me it's a coommon problem with the G9. It is a power supply problem. Of the known issues, this is the most common.

I sent it in Tuesday and they got it yesterday. I expect something from them shortly...

I will update as the story progresses...

Shooter

Lili

Ow that is bad
Do not like hardware failure
but then, who does?
I have been looking hard at the G9, esp since hearing rumors the G10 will still have a small sensor.
The price drop is attractive
:)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Lili,

The G9 is a great camera. There are many goods ones but G9 rises above the crowd.

A great feature is the ISO dial on the left top. Menus are a cinch to access. Very rugged. I ride My Harley on missions and have the camera around my neck..focus set to manual at 15'...then I just hold it up and release. Almost no lag time and in raw it releases almost instantly between frames.

The viewfinder is about 80 0/0 but still I use the screen.

Hot shoe for flash, all the goodies.
I would suggest the aftermarket grip,-
I can post a link...

Later shooter

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Allrighty,
Canon has been great thru this ordeal. The camera arrived home yesterday.
They cleaned and lubed the camera, adjusted everything and replaced the power module and circuitry. My settings were still intact....

no charge, warranty issue....
thanks Canon.........
shooter