The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Underwater!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Yikes! I stuck a digital camera in the water today for the first time! What a weird experience. Of course the camera was purchased just for that reason, it's the new waterproof Pentax Optio W60 p+s. My intention is to take it out and about while fishing and not have to worry about it getting wet.

This is really my first contemporary point and shoot. I am now completely humbled by the examples shown in this and other threads that were taken with small sensor cameras. I have a new appreciation for the skill you've all shown with these little miracles of modern technology.

Here are a few first shots with the thing right out of lightroom (the Pentax software is like something from 1983). The first is just immersing the camera below the surface of my little pond.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
TR, So that's what pond life looks like! I would like to see some close ups of an angry pike. You are absolutely right about these little modern miracles. Are they not just so much fun. And you don't even have to go into the dark in the kitchen cupboard to load the film onto those pesky spirals.
Gandolfi.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Gandolfi and Paul. I've got a ways to go, but I'm very pleased with the camera so far.

Tim

ecliffordsmith

Hi Tim,

I can well understand it must be odd putting your new camera under the water. Try not to do it with the M8, that could provide different results!

Joan

That looks like a very fun cam, Tim. I've thought about getting an underwater snapshooter, the little Pentax looks like a winner.