The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kingyo Hanabi Festival

O

Oxide Blu

At the Kingyo Hanabi (goldfish fireworks) Festival I tried a few images in color. Here are some of the surrealistic looking ones.

GRD II, ISO 200, F8.0 (except the first pic is accidentally F9.0), 1-sec shutter, shoe mounted external flash (Sunpak PF20XD), auto WB.

O

Oxide Blu

Thanks, ecs. It's fun to try funky stuff and with digital get instant results. The festival was at night (fireworks on water), had a lot of activity, many colors, and various high-lighted objects just begging for someone to drag the shutter while using a flash. Some of the results are interesting, some are not.

I was going to put up some of the festival pix without dragging the shutter and some B&W stuff from the GRD II but I need to get something up and running/figure out how flickr works for pix hosting.