The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

$500 and an old camera

rayyan

I have saved $500/=

With this money I can go to places like these:

Or here:

Or, I can get away from it all and think:

Whether I should buy a new camera or go to places such as these.

Everyone has a new camera! Tough choice.
But I can join a forum and talk about my new camera.

D-Lux4

rayyan

Indeed the choice is difficult.

To get a new camera or to meet someone interesting..Hmmm.

D-Lux4

Godfrey

If your old camera is suitable, spend your $500 on travel and take pictures with it.

If you feel you want or need a new camera, buy a new camera.

I don't see the difficulty.

rayyan

If your old camera is suitable, spend your $500 on travel and take pictures with it.

If you feel you want or need a new camera, buy a new camera.

I don't see the difficulty.
Difficult for me to decide. I am a very indecisive individual.

Maybe you make decisions easily. Good for you.

Regards.

usathyan

If you think like a machine, a simple "if <condition> then <action> else <action>" will suffice...

In any case - If you are happy with the quality of pictures you are getting from your current equipment - there simply is no reason to upgrade is it?

Godfrey

If you think like a machine, a simple "if <condition> then <action> else <action>" will suffice...

In any case - If you are happy with the quality of pictures you are getting from your current equipment - there simply is no reason to upgrade is it?
Sounds like you're 'thinking like a machine' there, eh?

rayyan

Godfrey, you seem to be working the Ricoh very well. Impressive indeed sir!

Anyway I checked with three English lads. The best group of friends one could have. The went into a loop!!

D-Lux4

Regards.

Lili

Great work I see here!
Honestly the Camera matters little, it is what you do with it.
As is shown here.
Bravo!

rayyan

Great work I see here!
Honestly the Camera matters little, it is what you do with it.
As is shown here.
Bravo!
' Scary skies over Texas ' is one of the best cloud formations I have seen.
That it was taken by a Nokia is more of a credit to you.

That you also got the XZ-1, I wish you enjoy it for a long time in good health.

Lili, indeed..in your hand the brand of camera matters little.

Bravo!:salute:

rayyan

On the ground...

On the edge...at 5890 meters.

The first ridge you hit is 1.5 kms down!​

Lili

' Scary skies over Texas ' is one of the best cloud formations I have seen.
That it was taken by a Nokia is more of a credit to you.

That you also got the XZ-1, I wish you enjoy it for a long time in good health.

Lili, indeed..in your hand the brand of camera matters little.

Bravo!:salute:

:eek: thank you

Much as I, like many, are drawn to the shiny and new...in all honesty I know my most satisfying images come from my heart.
And I long for the simplicity to enjoy that.

F200EXR

dixeyk

What a great thread. It seems that upgrade fever is an ongoing issue in the digital camera community. The never ending quest for a perceived "perfect camera" that never is. Use what you have and get to the taking of pictures.

Lili

I have done this before and spurred by the proposal to make it a challenge on another forum I am starting a Photo A Day using only my "old" e510 and 25mm pancake lens.
My Nokia is still going with of course ;)

rayyan

:eek: thank you

Much as I, like many, are drawn to the shiny and new...in all honesty I know my most satisfying images come from my heart.
And I long for the simplicity to enjoy that.

F200EXR
Lili, amen to that! Love the relaxed cat.:thumbup:

rayyan

What a great thread. It seems that upgrade fever is an ongoing issue in the digital camera community. The never ending quest for a perceived "perfect camera" that never is. Use what you have and get to the taking of pictures.
Yes sir. Right away.

Godfrey

I have done this before and spurred by the proposal to make it a challenge on another forum I am starting a Photo A Day using only my "old" e510 and 25mm pancake lens.
My Nokia is still going with of course ;)
On that thought, it would be nice to see it in a photo discussion forum that isn't connected with "FourThirds" or "Leica" or "Small Sensor Cameras" or whatever. Perhaps a "Photo A Day - Simple Gear" thread in the "Other Discussions" section?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
At the moment, I'm considering, what will improve my photos the most, a kayak or a new camera? I think I go for the kayak. It will bring me to places previously unvisited :)

Godfrey

At the moment, I'm considering, what will improve my photos the most, a kayak or a new camera? I think I go for the kayak. It will bring me to places previously unvisited :)
If I got off my butt and took out the bicycle I already have, it would do the same thing ... in a way that my car does not! ;-)