The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

rayyan

He died 3 months later. In the same mud and dirt he was born in.

He thought someone cared. He was wrong.

RIP.

Lloyd

That is a haunting post, Rayyan... words and image alike.

As for ptomsu's comment, I'm having a hard time getting my head around it.:wtf:

rayyan

Why care?
Herr Tomsu, I am still waiting for your response sir.

Please help me understand what you mean by your initial comment.

Regards.
Herr Tomsu, still waiting sir.

Been to Linz? Like the villages of Mauthausen-Gusen?

Maybe some of your friends here that think like you could care to help me understand what you meant.
German seems to be your primary language, no?

simonclivehughes

I think Peter's comment was sarcastic, meant to show that the world, as a whole, doesn't care. That's why things like this happen.

Cheers,

rayyan

I think Peter's comment was sarcastic, meant to show that the world, as a whole, doesn't care. That's why things like this happen.

Cheers,
Simon, thank you.

But I prefer Herr Tomsu to tell me himself in this particular instance sir.

Kindest regards.

simonclivehughes

Simon, thank you.

But I prefer Herr Tomsu to tell me himself in this particular instance sir.

Kindest regards.
Fair enough... I was just making a point that these days, we seem to view the world through our "political correctness spectacles" rather than seeing the simple and direct observations that people often offer.

Ciao,

ptomsu

Workshop Member
rayan,

I wanted to understand what you meant one should care - ok?

Maybe I just did not get it first time - sorry .....

Sir!

PS: and how does this photo relate to Small Sensor Cameras?

rayyan

rayan,

I wanted to understand what you meant one should care - ok?

Maybe I just did not get it first time - sorry .....

Sir!

PS: and how does this photo relate to Small Sensor Cameras?
My name is ' Rayyan '. Spelt with a double ' y '. I request you to spell my name correctly.

I shall give you the benefit of the doubt. Apology accepted.

My photo has as much to do with small sensor cameras as yours taken with a XZ-1.
Maybe much more content informative than your cat photo with your XZ-1.
At least to me it is.
The photograph I posted was taken with a D-Lux4.

I can only go by what I read. It would be advisable that you are very careful in what you type so as not to be misunderstood. Especially with my posts. And especially you, sir.

Thank you.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well rayyan - you request and I do :))

You feel better now - right? If it is only this you request, I apologize, I did not do that intentionally to misspell your name! But let me ask you, why do you come over here often so very much unfriendly - at least in my eyes? Also you should be very careful in what you type and in which forum, because otherwise it might easily happen that you are misunderstood in some places. Sometimes some explanation could help - maybe you can take that advise.

My cat photo did absolutely NOT intend to be content informative nor to be sophisticated or anything else, just show a sample taken with XZ-1.

BTW I can also only go by what I read, so at least we have this in common!

I am here for fun, to learn and to have serious photographic discussions. And I am not here for fight please accept this!

Peter

rayyan

' Rayyan '..proper noun. Starts with a capital ' R ' like so ' Rayyan '.

Best wishes to you too, Herr Tomsu.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
' Rayyan '..proper noun. Starts with a capital ' R ' like so ' Rayyan '.

Best wishes to you too, Herr Tomsu.
Rayyan,

so let me come back to this photo - could you elaborate a bit on it? Where was it taken, Who are these people? What did you want to tell us when you shot it?

Thanks for explaining

Peter

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
MODERATOR WARNING
Please I implore you all Ladies and Gentlemen
Lets us assume that there is no malice and lets enjoy the forum,
Otherwise if you don't I will lock this thread and pick one or two folks to yellow card at least.
I really hate to intervene, but I will not tolerate this in my dining room, and I will not in these forums either.
thanks
-bob

ptomsu

Workshop Member
MODERATOR WARNING
Please I implore you all Ladies and Gentlemen
Lets us assume that there is no malace and lets enjoy the forom,
Otherwise if you don't I will lock this thread and pick one or taw folks to yellow card at least.
I really hate to intervene, but I will not tolerate this in my dining room, and I will not in these forums either.
thanks
-bob
Bob,

absolutely agree to you. Just would really like to understand the background of a photo like the discussed one a bit better. But maybe I am having the wrong expectations of a photography forum?

Peter

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bob,

absolutely agree to you. Just would really like to understand the background of a photo like the discussed one a bit better. But maybe I am having the wrong expectations of a photography forum?

Peter
this is not out of line.
-bob

rayyan

Well rayyan - you request and I do :))

You feel better now - right? If it is only this you request, I apologize, I did not do that intentionally to misspell your name! But let me ask you, why do you come over here often so very much unfriendly - at least in my eyes? Also you should be very careful in what you type and in which forum, because otherwise it might easily happen that you are misunderstood in some places. Sometimes some explanation could help - maybe you can take that advise.

My cat photo did absolutely NOT intend to be content informative nor to be sophisticated or anything else, just show a sample taken with XZ-1.

BTW I can also only go by what I read, so at least we have this in common!

I am here for fun, to learn and to have serious photographic discussions. And I am not here for fight please accept this!

Peter
The above post by Peter has been edited after the responses that followed.I am typing this just to point out that responses immediately following Peter's post might seem out of context now. Peter's original post contained a different message.

Anyway, The photo was taken by a D-Lux4 of a sick orphan that died due to lack of funds and consequent proper care.

Regards.

Edited to add that the photo was taken in Africa, Tanzania.