The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The above post by Peter has been edited after the responses that followed.I am typing this just to point out that responses immediately following Peter's post might seem out of context now. Peter's original post contained a different message.

Anyway, The photo was taken by a D-Lux4 of a sick orphan that died due to lack of funds and consequent proper care.

Regards.
This last sentence was clarification for me, if I would have had this info from the beginning I never would have asked my initial question "Why care" but answered "This is a great shot"

Thanks

Peter

rayyan

:) you are a great photographer anyway !
Thank you once again.

I shall pass on your comments to my wife.

As all D-Lux4 photos I have posted in this forum have been taken by her.

I am sure she shall be pleased.

Best regards.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Care is a seemingly simple word with a minefield of complexity beneath, and our view upon it is often obscured by personal views, real life obstacles and all kinds of needs and greeds, including a billion shades of gray in between. The confusion is not surprising.

Rayyan, what is always reflected in the photography by you and your wife is your care for people, places and things around you. That's a most valuable asset and one of the reasons why I always enjoy looking at your photos and reading the words you create around them.

- Jorgen

Last edited:

rayyan

Care is a seemingly simple word with a minefield of complexity beneath, and our view upon it is often obscured by personal views, real life obstacles and all kinds of needs and greeds, including the billion of shades of gray in between. The confusion is not surprising.

Rayyan, what is always reflected in the photography by you and your wife is your care for people, places and things around you. That's a most valuable asset and one of the reasons why I always enjoy looking at your photos and reading the words you create around them.

- Jorgen
Jorgen..It is a weekend here. Ayesha is watching a movie. I showed her your
comment.

So my friend, from the both of us..:salute::salute:

On a personal note; I am waiting at the pit stops!!

Kindest regards x 2.

Godfrey

rayyan,

it is a striking photograph and a sad story.

i don't know why you chose the title for the thread that you used. the photo speaks for itself, particularly with the back story you provided.

to my eyes, it seems you are accusing participants of this forum of something by posing this photo, this story, and this title together as you did. i feel your accusation is unwarranted.