The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new fuji annouced

Lili

35mm EFL?
APS-C
F1.9?

DIGITAL HEXAR!!!!!

*bounces off into the sunset, laughing*

Lili

sigh
it would be sooo nice were it true
however
the film natura had a 24/f1.9 lens
I would think fuji might want to make it the same for digital version

Stuart Richardson

If it is true, it would be really nice. Personally I think a 35/1.9 would be much more useful than a 24/1.9...at least at first. Cheap too...not much more than a Ricoh

Arjuna

A 24mm f1.9 lens on film would become a ~36mm (efl) f1.9 lens on APS-C; so it seems like the lens design is pretty much done.

Michael S

This is what I posted on that thread:

Did anyone read that "announcement" carefully ?

Enough mistakes, typos, and inconsistencies in there to last through the next few digital camera model years.

In the very first paragraph, the camera is called both "FinePix Natura Digital F1.9" and "FinePix Natural Digital F1.9."

Naturally, it's a very flexible camera. :)

The price was reasonable:

It "will be available in the United Stated from October at $599."

Since I'm in the "United Stated," I look forward to seeing this new machine.

C'mon folks.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but as of now, I'd call this a late and not terribly convincing April Fools announcement. ;)

smokysun

whoever dreamed this up certainly knows what photographers have been asking for, especially on the leica forum. maybe fuji will respond to the invention and actually make the camera!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Lili

Maybe its being floated to see how much enthusiasm it generates
It certainly got my attention :)

O

Oxide Blu

Did anyone read that "announcement" carefully ?

Enough mistakes, typos, and inconsistencies in there to last through the next few digital camera model years.

In the very first paragraph, the camera is called both "FinePix Natura Digital F1.9" and "FinePix Natural Digital F1.9."

I have no idea if the camera is real of a hoax but the Engrish of the post in the link is consistent with Japanese-ish English, i.e. either the hoax is Japanese in origin or the camera may very well be real. Or maybe someone just got very lucky with faking their Engrish, too.

pollobarca

All,
if someone had described a GX200 18 months ago it would have been a Hoax.
Just wait a little and something like this will be along.

all the best

paul

Stuart Richardson

If it is a hoax, it is very well done. I agree with Oxide that it is very Japanese engrish like. The whole thing is very specific and in line with Fuji's marketing speak. Fuji has also made some very interesting and unexpected cameras in the past -- the 645 point and shoot, the recent 6x6 Retro folding camera, the Natura 24mm f/1.9 point and shoot, the 617's, 6x8, TX-1 -- they are definitely mavericks, so they are the type of company that WOULD make this sort of thing if someone made it. I do hope that they actually did it.

charlesphoto

Stuart,

What's the folding Fuji 6X6? Heard of all the others but not that.

BTW, Fuji always made the best enlarging lenses. I sold all of my darkroom gear awhile back but held onto my lenses. I recently decided to give those to my local lab (who do all my silver gelatin printing). The owner knew exactly what he was getting and was more than thankful. They are actually better than many high end APO's.

Hopefully this rumor will be true - sounds like the p&s for me (finally).

Stuart Richardson

Hi Charles, I was wrong, it is actually 6x7. It is not out yet, but they announced it this winter. It looks great -- 6x7 folding with AE! A blast from the past. But that is what I mean, Fuji tends to release really interesting stuff that bucks the trend. Keep in mind that "weird" cameras are much more popular in Japan than they necessarily are here.
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...medium_format_folding_camera_news_177080.html

I agree about the Fuji lenses too. The 45mm in the Xpan is absolutely superb, I have also used the G690, and that had a great lens as well (well, at least for the 60s when it was made).

O

Oxide Blu

... Fuji has also made some very interesting and unexpected cameras in the past -- the 645 point and shoot, the recent 6x6 Retro folding camera, the Natura 24mm f/1.9 point and shoot, the 617's, 6x8, TX-1 --

Last year they also released a pair of high-end, manual/auto point n click film cameras with fixed lens, the black Klasse S (38mm) and silver Klasse W (28mm). Not cheap, street price around $800. They were supposedly a flash-in-the-pan, one-time, limited edition thing. But Fujifilm has since released a black Klasse W (28mm).

http://translate.google.com/transla...=result&prev=/search?q=fujifilm+jp&hl=en&sa=G