The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally - iPhone 4 grown up

Stefan Steib

:) well for all the people who were waiting for this to happen here it is

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/iphone-slr-mount/

I don´t know what to say - it looks really well made, and I could imagine it is even fun to use, maybe if you put this in your large photobag when you carry the lenses anyway, but putting an 800mm lens on it, I mean honestly what do you think ...???

greetings from Munich
Stefan

hot

Jamei, es gibt gnuag blede Leit de jedn Bledsinn kafn!

Wannst a fahrbare Kloanlage als Luxusreisebus anpreist, findst a Leit die begeistert einsteign.

Stefan Steib

It came to my mind that even if the aperture does not work on the canon lens- it does not really matter as the iPhone has an aperture (has it ? I´m not sure !) and so you could put the 17mm TS on it and have about at least 300 % shift in any direction - jihaaaa..........:cool:

Beating any Viewcamera on the planet.......

Go iPhone Go !!! :ROTFL:

Stefan

Stefan Steib

Well this has raised my interest - now I found this website with iPhone specs:

http://falklumo.blogspot.com/2010/06/apple-iphone-4-camera-specs.html

"First, the pixels are 1.75 µm (according to Job's keynote) and we may assume that this is the pixel pitch. Sample images are 2592x1936 pixels (5.0 MP, 4.02:3). This makes a 4.54 x 3.39 mm^2 chip (5.67 mm diagonal) which corresponds to a 35mm film camera crop factor of 7.64. In a P&S, this would be called a 1/3.2" sensor.......3.85 mm lens focal length , f/2.8 lens aperture"...... (probably fixed because it equals to a permanent f22 in 35mm terms)

Now putting this into terms with the canon TS17mm this would be about a 150mm TS on a 35mm full frame (but wait the iPhone lens is about 30mm in 35mm terms, this would shorten the focal lenght of the overall system by about 25 % resulting in a total of 117,5mm focal lenght/35mm wise) . Starting at the chip size this would mean the Canon would have at least 25 mm of available diagonal movements - or 440 % :eek: (related to the chip diagonal)

I think I will buy this just to find out how this will look like.
Of course the shift mechanism of the canon goes only 12mm
but as there is enough space with this tube (looks like these chinese extension tubes from ebay), this could be taken out and put a second shift adapter in.

And with these tiny pixels this should be proof
of concept as I expect a color cast to happen then.

I think this is really interesting.

Regards
Stefan