The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Clouds

sizifo

Too many of my recent images feature clouds. It's hard to resist, since the clouds be pretty fantastic at this time of year. Probably something to do with the vicinity of the north sea (I'm in Hamburg).

So I've created a thread to post a few at a time. Anybody is of course free to post their cloud photos as well.

The 1st and last of these three are with the 40mm converter (thus the flare in the first). All GRDII.

smokysun

very nice shots. i especially like the first and last. clouds my constant companion up here. (i've even written a memoir called "cloud watcher, a firelookout's book of days".) thanks for starting this thread. here are a couple from this afternoon, the result of shooting into the sun. (once madly in love with a woman from hamburg, but that's another story...)

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

sizifo

Very strange storm a few days ago.

I guess with the wires and the antennae, I'm copying your style Wayne. A little bit.

sizifo

very nice shots. i especially like the first and last. clouds my constant companion up here.
I like the first one as well. But what makes it good is the 40mm attachment. It really is great, except for the flare. I've attached a crop, to illustrate how nicely it "draws" (to use the lingo). And I think the resolution is impressive for small sensor.

(once madly in love with a woman from hamburg, but that's another story...)
Living in Hamburg, I can understand how this could happen.

Last edited: