The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji X10 or X50, whatever it will be called….

raist3d

I just shot a field test video for this camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjUuDcn0DSQ
Saw your video :) Thanks for posting here too. Question for you guys over there in Canada - I realize these are both different cameras, but what you see as pros/cons of Pentax Q vs Fuji X10?

Can the X10 fit in a jeans pocket?

I expect both to be good for a set of similar and then different reasons, but you guys have used both so...

Thanks!

- Raist

raist3d

I think I can live with 6MP images - knowing how E-1 images would print at up to 16"x13" using Qimage for scaling, and the fact that most images will be presented/viewed on a screen.

This is what makes me shake my head in disbelief at the 24Mp sensor used in the Sony Nex 7... :wtf:

Cheers

Brian
Well the last two finally good lenses introduced by Sony do seem to resolve that resolution. If I was a landscape photographer I would weight that camera in a lot, but I am not. But that's me an my needs. And yeah you will need one of the new lenses. The rest of the Sony lenses from what I have seen don't cut it, though it may still get higher resolution than a Nex at 16MP.

- Raist

TCSJordan

Saw your video :) Thanks for posting here too. Question for you guys over there in Canada - I realize these are both different cameras, but what you see as pros/cons of Pentax Q vs Fuji X10?

Can the X10 fit in a jeans pocket?

I expect both to be good for a set of similar and then different reasons, but you guys have used both so...

Thanks!

- Raist
Both cameras have their strengths. IQ is tough to judge as the X10 we used was pre-production. The Pentax gives you a huge variety of ways to tailor the image processing in camera, and while it sounds gimmicky, it's actually a lot of fun. It has the same appeal as an iPhone with the various camera apps, but with much better ergonomics.

I would say the Fuji is the more enthusiast oriented of the two camera, the viewfinder is nice to have in a pinch, and it gives you more DOF control, although of course still quite limited. The EXR chip really does work well for dynamic range as well.

Handling on both cameras is excellent. I would have trouble choosing a clear winner, though I have to say the X10 is the sexier camera in my opinion.

fordfanjpn

It's in the stores here now. I'm going to go check it out today. I may or may not come home with one. If one does follow me home, I'll post something here.

Bill

raist3d

Both cameras have their strengths. IQ is tough to judge as the X10 we used was pre-production. The Pentax gives you a huge variety of ways to tailor the image processing in camera, and while it sounds gimmicky, it's actually a lot of fun. It has the same appeal as an iPhone with the various camera apps, but with much better ergonomics.
I had a chance to try the Q. I think if the filters are seen as "different film types" it works. I think the Pentax Q is like a digital mini-Diana and then can operate a "bit more pro" than that using raw and careful exposure.

I would say the Fuji is the more enthusiast oriented of the two camera, the viewfinder is nice to have in a pinch, and it gives you more DOF control, although of course still quite limited. The EXR chip really does work well for dynamic range as well.
I was wondering how its sensor in low sensitivity mode works say at ISO 3200/6400.

Handling on both cameras is excellent. I would have trouble choosing a clear winner, though I have to say the X10 is the sexier camera in my opinion.
I would imagine both are good and it boils down to one particular thing or two per individual. I would imagine for the Q it's the ultimate super-size down and variety of options. For the Fuji I would imagine is probably faster operation, better IQ at least at certain ISO's, better DR.

Thanks for the impressions.

- Ricardo

fordfanjpn

Oh hey, *you are in Japan*. Didn't know.

- Ricardo
Yes, I live in Tokyo. I just got home with my new "toy" and the battery is charging now. I'm not feeling too well today so I probably won't do much playing around with the camera. But if I get anything worth looking at I'll post it here.

Bill

raist3d

Yes, I live in Tokyo. I just got home with my new "toy" and the battery is charging now. I'm not feeling too well today so I probably won't do much playing around with the camera. But if I get anything worth looking at I'll post it here.

Bill
Well? ... umm... feeling better? :)

- Raist