The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Praque with the GRD 2.

E

ellemand

Hi again.
I've just spent af few days in Praque, and will (again) show some of my photos from the holiday.
Hope you enjoy.

All photos taken with GRD 2 in RAW.

All the best.
Ellemand.

O

Oxide Blu

I love 'em! Every one of them! Ok, maybe I only 'like' the one of the people of those 'ginger' things. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing those. :)

woodyspedden

Ellemand

Love this series............partly because of the nature and quality of the images and partly because it is so different from the Prague i visited last summer. My remembrances are mostly all of beauty.......beautiful architecture, beautiful people etc. Your pictures, particularly the sobbing girl and the security guy speak to human issues. Of course like any other major city these issues will be happening constantly but somehow I don't associate them with "my Prague" from last summer.

Any way, great job. Show us more

Woody Spedden

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Ellemand Those are some really nice photographs of Prague. I was there last September and am trying to find a way back. Notice the images of the warsaw pack invasion in 68.....its hard to understand the impact of tanks rolling down from the square. Prague is a real photographer town and your images are impactful. Roger

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Super series... I *wish* I had had my GRD2 when I was in Prague last summer. Your shots make me want to go back.

helenhill

Love Prague through your 'Eyes' & the GRD2

The series seems abit wistful
is the City hard hit economically or was it just the mood of that day?

Cheers :) H

Robert Campbell

Nice pix, Ellemand. We were there recently, and I think you have captured the atmosphere well. I remember seeing the Skegways too - if that's what they are called. BTW, in the Skegway pic there is an roundish mark middle right. I don't see it in other pix. Not sensor dust, I hope.

O

Oxide Blu

... I remember seeing the Skegways too - if that's what they are called.
You got close ... that critter is called a Segway. While under development in the 90's everything about it was a very tightly controlled corporate secret. Until it was finally unveiled as a Segway it was referred to as the 'Ginger' (hence the reference to "ginger" in my comment above) and nobody had a clue as to what it was. There are about 8-hundred-billion patents protecting the design of those things.

I believe the name 'Segway' is a play on the word 'segue', pronounced the same, which means to move or transition smoothly from one state or condition into another. Prob changed the spelling so that the thing would be pronounced correctly. Ask 8 different people how to pronounce 'segue' and you'll get 8 different answers. :D

Anyways, not to take away from the excellent photo's posted in this thread ... :thumbup:

E

ellemand

Hi all.
Thank you very much for the response!
It make me feel going on with the little GRD 2 - a great camera!
There maybe will come a few more pictures from Praque in a few days.
Helen - outside centrum, there is not must glitter in life for the ordinary people.
Bertie - no dust (i'm glad to tell) the spot is on the road - I can see that in other pictures from the same place;-)

Once again - thanks to your all.
Ellemand.

Michael S

Good series. Good eye -- first 4 in particular.

The conversion to b & w is especially strong -- to my eye and on my monitor -- in the first photo. Slightly toned (filtered ?) or just the light, if I might ask ?